Alice

I took a long shower, I stayed under the hot stream of water until long after the tingling feeling in my skin finally stopped and my back stopped itching for whatever reason it did in the first place.

When I climbed out, I found a fluffy pink robe and for the first time since the school, I look at my reflection. My teeth were normal now, my fingers still felt weird but my nails were back to normal. My eyes were wide, really my whole face seemed paler and scared. Like promised, Delilah had left a pile of clothes on the huge bed in the room. I didn't think this house could seem any bigger until I saw the upstairs. So beautiful and so different from the basement.

The clothes were definitely Delilah's, they were all a size or so too small because she was a generally small woman, however, like she knew they wouldn't fit too well, she left me a large thick sweater that was dark green to go with the tightest pair of jeans I think I'd ever put on my body. I found my shoes then remembered they were really dirty from being thrown through a wall, so I put on the pair of sock that was on the bed and walked over to the door.

This part of the mansion was so much warmer than the basement, which made sense but I was still surprised, maybe they didn't want other vampires to want to stick around too long.

After walking down more than a few wrong hallways, I found my way to the living room where there was only one person I'd never seen before. He was a shorter, blond man, who had a beard. And when he saw me he frowned.

There were delicious smells coming from the kitchen that distracted me from the weird man, and I continued my journey to find food, and Grim, but mostly food.

In the kitchen, Delilah was standing in front of the huge stove. Her raven black hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, her clothes very different from the last time I'd seen her, she was wearing a pair of jeans now, and a tight...Leather? Tanktop.

She turned when I entered the room and her smile was wide. "Hello Alice," She said, her voice was just as happy as her smile. "I'm glad you decided to join us."

"Me too," I replied, crossing my arms. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Her Dark red eyes sparkled. "No thank you, dear, I'm just about done."

"Okay." I shifted, unsure of what to do.

Like she could read my mind, She looked over her shoulder again. "How are you?"

I opened my mouth to say I was fine. But really? I wasn't. I couldn't go back to see my foster parents. I could see....I couldn't see my friends. I only had these basically strangers, and I was in danger everywhere I was.

"I'll be okay."

I knew she knew I was lying. But she didn't pry. Changing the subject, I leaned against the counter with my hip. "Delilah?"

"Yes?" She hummed looked back to whatever she was cooking on the stove.

"If you don't mind my asking, why are your eyes red? Grim told me that the sun and changing forms change your eyes, but yours are always red."

She laughed slightly. "Well, I don't really know, I've never met another one of us with red eyes." She turned off the stove and turned completely to me. "When I was turned I was very sick, I was living on the streets of London cold and dying, I believe maybe that had something to do with it."

"Oh," I frowned. "Do your eyes turn like Grim's?"

"Yep." She grabbed the pan and placed it on the island. "That's the only thing about that boy that isn't special."