Grim

I woke to an empty bed, despite falling asleep sometime after Alice, with her tucked into the thick blankets beside me. She had drifted off while we watched family guy on a low volume. But when she fell asleep I found myself watching her instead, she was beautiful and so strong, I knew for a fact most people human and not wouldn't deal with the past couple of days like she had.

She let me kiss her. She let me passed all of her walls and her life of being scared. She let me in and had wrapped herself around me, it was like she tattooed herself into my bones. All I thought about was her and all I wanted was her.

I sat up on the bed and yawned, scanning the room I found that her bathroom door was shut and steam poured out of the crack beneath it.

Climbing out of the bed I walked over to her window, the curtains were opened but you almost couldn't tell. The cold dark gray sky of Washington threatened to drench the mountain any second. The wind whipped the trees around and whistled through a small crack where the window had been opened.

My whole life I'd been like this place, cold and dark. God, sounded like a gay novel. But it was true, and Alice had changed something about it. Alice was a colorful dream in a world of muted gray nightmares.

A dirty red leaf blew against the window, accompanied by drops of rain.

The bathroom door opened, and I turned only to be stopped in my tracks. Alice was there, steam spiraling in the air and warmth running towards me. Her hair was wet, drops of water fell from her hair and ran down her collarbone and underneath the robe that was slightly too small for her. I felt like I virgin teen boy looking at her, simply the shape of her underneath that towel drove me crazy.

"Can we go to my house today? So I can get my things." Her voice was soft and sweet, just like the rest of her.

It took me a moment to speak. "Yes...of course."

She smiled slightly. "Do you have a shirt I can use today my other one is sweaty and gross."

I looked down, willing to give her the one off my back...but then I remembered, I had gotten hot last night and I had taken my shirt off. "Um," I walked over to the side of the bed and grabbed my shirt. I walked back and handed it to her. My eyes got caught up again closer I could see down the front of her robe. I pulled back and cleared my throat.

What was I doing? This couldn't happen, not with her, not when so much relied on her safety and trusting us. I needed to leave.

"I'll go to your house, in case we need to get out of there fast, I know you're still sore and I think you should rest more.

I thought she was going argue but she nodded.

I left her room, I had to get out of there before I did anything I couldn't undo. I passed Theresa on the way downstairs. I wanted to walk by her, I wanted to forget about her. But I stopped at the landing and looked back at her. Her dark hair was hanging loosely around her face and she was wearing that goddamn short skirt again. I should've left. To go get Alice's things.

I needed to leave Alice alone.

I needed to forget her.

I needed to keep Alice safe and she wasn't safe with me.

I followed Theresa.

~~~ Alice~~~

After deciding to just wear my sweatpants from yesterday, I slid Grim's shirt on and slid my shoes on, I wandered my way into the kitchen and found Jerod.