Chapter 2

I was in my room being grounded from my actions and as I sat on my bed I heard yelling. I didn't sound like the girls, didn't sound like my siblings fighting. I took a peek out of my door into the kitchen and it shocked me so much. My parents? But they love each other shouldn't they be hugging or kissing? But fighting? As the yelling got louder and louder I had enough. I ran after my mom as she packed her things and left with my two brothers. I though she just needed to calm down. So my dad was just drinking until the pain and anger left him. It went from one beer to almost two cases of beers. I was young but I had little concern of what some weird drink can do to a person. I was aware of what beer could do, I've seen it before to my family members. He wanted to go to a good family friend Tim's house. And I always loved going there because they had my three favorite things. TV, cats, and candy. So we drove there. Me in the passenger seat and him driving. My sister was about 14 so she stayed home. We swerved on the road. My hands shaking, heart pounding. Then we swerved to hard and skimmed against another car. The side window smashed, throwing glass onto my dad's lap and onto my feet. I screamed in horror; like someone was about to just jump in and kill us. But we continued to drive until we got there. When we got there Tim's girlfriend Katherine was over. I always loved Katherine. While Tim didn't know my dad was drunk they drank even more making him even worst. Katherine noticed something weird with my dad when we came to their house. She asked me what happened and I explained it with only one sentence... "My life is becoming a mess" I said. I cradled into her arms and she told me how her mom would get drunk too. She asked me if I wanted to stay the night, but I had school tomorrow. "It's fine I'll drive you" as she tried to convince me. So Katherine went downstairs and explained to my dad what's going to happen. And he got angry out if no where. I heard things smashing and screaming. I just ran into the room where I was sleeping that night, and cried. I let all the tears drain out of me. My dad stormed out of the house forgetting I was still there and drove away. I was so lonely that night. My dad and mom left me. The only people I had to call my family was Tim and Katherine. Then I had to see what tomorrow held for me.