Chapter 18

Rust now covered the top part of Meg's face. He was in pain. And it broke my heart. I never left Meg's side. Ratchet worked tirelessly to make the cure. But Meg's time was running out. I never left Meg's side. Tho dad tried to get me to. I never did. Meg groans waking from a restless sleep. I gently rub his hand and his eyes shift to me. I give him a weak sad comforting smile. Meg tightens his grip on my hand. Rust had now started to slowly cake his armor. Meg struggles to speak but fails. He didn't have the strength. "Shhh Meg. Don't talk. I'm right here." I whisper. Meg nods weakly and I rub himself gently. "Ratchet how's it coming?", I ask. "Slowly. But I should be finished soon." He says. I nod and turn back to Meg. Meg kept his eyes on me. He shifts slightly. I could feel only a small amount of the pain he was in. And from the small amount that I felt it was awful. So the pain Meg was in. I couldn't even Imagine. "Sleep..." Meg whispers looking at the bags under my eyes. I shake my head. Meg weakly squeezes my hand and pleads with his eyes. I sigh before curling up next to him. I lay my head gently in his side and help him wrap his arm around me. Meg weakly rubs his thumb over my cheek and I tiredly gaze up at him. "Sleep.... Please...." Meg whispers. I sigh and nod. Before slowly closing my optics.

M

E

G

A

T

R

O

N

+

F

I

R

E

H

E

A

R

T

When I wake I slowly look up at Meg. He looked. Awful. Rust covered his handsome body. His face was purple and black. And he could barely talk or move. I kiss Meg gently and he groans. Ratchet comes over and starts giving Meg the cure. But ratchet expressed his fears. "I fear I may be to late. We can only wait and see." He says. I whimper and nod gripping Meg's hand gently. Meg groans in agony. And I whimper feeling his pain. "Just hang in there Meg. Please." I say. Meg weakly meets my eyes. His eyes were dull and weak. I hated it. "I'll.... Try......" Meg chokes out. I kiss him gently and take two cups of energon from ratchet. One for me. One for Meg. I put the cup Meg's lips. He drinks it slowly and groans. "Easy Meg. Take it slow." I say. Meg weakly nods. A bit stronger. I drink my energon before giving me some more. Ratchet hands me some more for Meg. I give it to him slowly. I noticed the rust and purplish hue on Meg's armor slowly vanishing. The cure was working. "It's working me. Your looking better already." I say. Meg smiles weakly. "Of... Corse.... Made the cure.... I.... Did...." Meg whispers. I smile and kiss him. "!You should have never made the virus." I scold gently. Meg smiles weakly. "Sorry..." He whispers. I shush him and kiss him once more. "Enough talking. Drink your energon." I say. Meg smiles slightly. I give him some more. He drinks it slowly. "That's it Meg. Just drink maybe when you better and if you behave I'll sneak some high grade." Meg smirks weakly. "Sexy......" Meg whispers. I laugh and kiss him. "Behave." I say. I rub the back of Meg's hand gently. "Can't help... It..." Meg whispers I scoff and kiss him once more. "Shush." I whisper. Meg smiles innocently but his eyes gave him away. I laugh and shake my head before laying my head gently on his chest. Meg weakly rest his hand on my lower back. "Maybe if you play your cards right Meg you'll get something." I say. Meg smiles and pulls me closer weakly. "Sexy..." Meg purrs a bit stronger. I laugh.

P

R

O

W

L

+

S

T

A

R

S

C

R

E

A

M

Meg was slowly getting stronger. He looked so much better. And could form full sentences now. As long as he took it slow I look up at Meg who meets my eyes. I sit up and kiss him gently. "I love you Meg." I purr. "I love you to fire..." Meg whispers. "Let's get you to your feet." Ratchet says. Meg nods weakly and I place my hand around his shoulders. Slowly I help Meg up. Meg leans on me and kisses me. I laugh and push him away gently. "Save that for tonight." I say. Meg smirks. "Alright." He agrees. "Use protection." Ratchet says. Meg laughs and shakes his head. "come on Meg. Yes get you to bed." I say slowly helping Meg out. As we walk people stop and stare. Optimus looks over as Meg shifts slightly I swear I saw him smile. I get Meg to his our room. I gently lay him down and get him comfortable. I take off my armor and lay next to him helping him take off his. I lock the door and press myself close to Meg who groans.