Life at the House of Night: Marked: Chapter 10 (Final)

I felt something dark when we got closer and closer where Zoey was. It didn't feel like what I have either. It felt ancient...and evil. However, it was nearly not as strong as Darkness himself. Could it be like a servant of his or something?

My train of thought broke when we reached the destination: a gazebo. I then saw the cause of the feeling that I felt. There were ghosts forming within the circle! I didn't think they were Casper ghosts either. The most important part, though, was that they were trying to head straight toward... a teenager boy? There wasn't any time to be confused. I motioned the others to head straight in.

Damien stepped forward first, saying, "Stop them, Aphrodite, or they'll kill him!"

To my amusement, Zoey was confused of how he was here in the first place. Just wait until she sees the rest of us.

"You need to contain the spirits into the circle or he'll die!" Damien said to Aphrodite.

"Better him or me – rather the rest of us." Aphrodite replied.

Was this girl serious? I nodded to the rest of our friends and they took their positions of joining in, Stevie Rae first as she had been there already with bandages on her wrists. Stevie Rae walked toward Zoey and the Twins went to help out with the teenager and Erik. I took in a deep breath before following them for they needed the help the most. When Zoey turned to face us, she was happy. I sighed as the Twins argued with Aphrodite about the circle. We honestly didn't need that right now...

I winced suddenly as mist started to hurt the teenager, Erik, and me, cutting our clothes and even our skin. There's no choice but to try and protect them more than me!

I raised my blindfold slightly before muttering under my breath, "Darkness that lays dormant inside of me, protect us from these things but keep yourself hidden!"

Darkness began to act as a shield around us, giving us slight protection from the ghostly mist. I saw Aphrodite shaken up and covered her mouth to fight back screams. What did you think I'm trying not to do?

"Zoey, you know what to do so do it already!" I clenched my teeth as I looked up at Zoey.

"Take your places!" She said as she looked at the others.

The four took the same colored candles as the ritual that we had ourselves. Guys, just hurry!

"Wind, I summon you to this circle!" Zoey rushed to light the yellow candle that Damien had with her purple one.

A mini-whirlwind happened around Zoey. That was one element down, four to go. Zoey covered the flame with her hand so it wouldn't be extinguished as she moved to light Shaunee's candle.

"Fire, I summon you to this circle!" She had lit the candle and I knew that it was working for she was relieved but worried at the same time. She went over to Erin. "Water, I summon you to this circle!" Once she lit the blue candle, she went over to Stevie Rae to summon earth. "Earth, I summon you to this circle!"

Right as soon as she lit the green candle, Heath screamed in pain. I tried to make the darkness protect us more but as soon as I tried to speak, I felt as if claws dug into my back, causing me to yell. Zoey, hurry! She went to the center of the circle and lifted her purple candle.

"Spirit, I summon you to this circle!" As soon as she summoned spirit, she went over to the table to take the goblet and began to spill wine in an arc. "Here's your sacrifice!" She kept on spilling the wine. "You weren't here to kill. We were here to honor you."

The ghosts stopped their attack to look at her.

"We prefer him, Priestess." One of the ghosts said.