Aircon: The First Talk

As they enter the High School building, they were greeted by the new principal and assitant principal, which was their previous adviser and the same old school secretary. Their classroom was located third floor of the building and its was near the entrance. Molly and Aly sat down on the first two seats near the front door. The room contained 30 seats, and had 3 rows and 10 columns. They had the usual altar and the crucifix infront, a white board infront and a blackboard at the back and a platform. It was their usual setup for every classrom and infront for their had the label "Sapphire"  which was their section. Then Aly spoke and broke the silence in the room since they were only five students there.

"Bakit ang init?"

"Patay kasi yung aircon" A boy answered who was sitting just behind them

"Uh, Hello?"

"Hi! Aly?"

"Pano mo nalaman name ko?"

"The nametag your wearing at the moment"

"Oh yeah, I forgot hehe. What's your name by the way?"

"JC, short for Julian Christian Enriquez"

"Wow ang haba ng name mo, JC would you mind helping me to get the aircon on? Kasi di ko talaga siya abot sa liit kong to"

"No problem"

And that was the every first conversation Aly and JC had and they didn't know that, that will be the beginning of the next chapter of their lives together. So JC got a chair and Aly stood over it.

"JC di ko parin abot eh"

"Seryoso?"

"Oo nga, tignan mo nga oh. Ikaw nalang kaya MATANGKAD ka kasi eh"

"Okay okay ito na, baba ka na jan"

"Thanks."

Aly when back to her seat beside Molly.

"Grabe, di pa nagsisimula ang klase umaariba ka na"

"Ano? Nagpatulong lang eh"

"Sus, I know your style girl. Una ganyan then maiinlove sayo yung guy tapos ituturn down mo."

 "M, di na ako ganun I've changed!"

"In what ways?"

"Here's one, I wil not accept any suitors promise and I will not have any crush, putulin mo na dila ko pag nagkaroon ulit ako."

"Hmp! Just make sure of that. Prove it first haha wait paano si Leo?"

Leo was Aly's first boyfriend but she is not recognizing him as the REAL first boyfriend but some silly decision that she made back in her elementary days. She has always regretted it ever since Leo courted other girl when they were still in a relationship.

"Never mention that guy's name infront of me. I don't care about him at all."

"Okay. Chiill"

Then JC who was secretly listening interrupted their conversation

“Who’s Leo?”

“Kalalaking mong tao napakachismoso mo!” Molly said

“Nagtatanong lang eh ang lakas kasi ng boses niyo”

“Sorry ah” Molly said sarcastically

“Tss grabe ang init ng dugo niyo”

“Sorry ah talakera lang talaga kong kaibigan ko. M, ano ka ba, okay lang haha past is past narin naman” Aly said

“So sino nga siya?”

“Si Leo? Well he was the only one who had the enough courage to break my heart. Alam mo yung Rolling in the Deep by Adele? Yun kanta ko sa kanya”

“Okay lang yan. Bata pa naman tayo eh so you can find other more DESERVING people”

“Yeah right. Ikaw may ng basted na ba sayo?”

“Wala pa akong linilligawan eh hanggang MU lang kaso from other school siya. At wala pa akong balak magka girlfriend kaso ayokong masaktan tulad sa nangyari sa iba, sayo.”

“Tama yan. Ako rin eh takot na ako. Kaya nga di na ako magpapaligaw.”

It was very fast for the two of them to share their own experiences in love. And that was the beginning of their friendship. And as they talked about their experiences, the room was getting filled by students, some were familiar while some were new faces. By exactly 7:30 the bell rang and their adviser entered the room. Miss France Dominique Santos entered. Ma’am Dom was one of the best teachers in their school. She taught Computer to second and third year level.

“Good morning everyone!”

“Good morning Ma’am Dom” As they stood up and greeted their teacher. It was practice for every student to give respect to their teacher every time, whether inside the school or even outside.

“As you can see, I am your second year adviser and your computer teacher as well for now I want all of you to stand up again so I can lead all of us to the Lord’s prayer”

"Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name.

Your kingdom come,

your will be done,on earth as it is in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread,and forgive us our debts,as we also have forgiven our debtors.And lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil.Amen"

“ Okay class please get your things and go here infront so we can get your seating arrangement done. We will have now a game that will tell you who will be your seatmates okay. I have here a bowl filled by your surnames now I will pick one and you will be seated in the next space which is vacant. Understand class?”

“Yes Ma’am”

“M, sana tabi tayo” Aly whispered to Molly.

“Sana nga”

“Okay let’s start now”

“Molly Hernandez, please sit on the seat near the door”

“BV naman” Molly whispered

“Let’s proceed now, shall we. Mark Eduard Foster, Elizabeth Mae Sunga,….”

That continued on and on until it reached the third row of people.

“ For the third row of people, Julian Christian Enriquez, Ann Ly Tan….”

“Akalain mo yun? Magkatabi tayo” JC said

“Oo nga eh haha. Coincidence?”

“Siguro. Galing naman ni Ma’am bumunot”

“Sinabi mo pa haha”