Chapter 4.

Chapter 4

I just stood there, dumbfounded. I was seriously expecting something more of a sage-like man with knowing eyes.

But this was completely unexpected.  He is full of life and quite an opposite of the ‘school officials’ image the students are familiar with. Serious, professional-looking, and looked oblivious to ‘Fun’.

Well, let’s get to know him much better, shall we?

“Nice to meet you, sir. I am—“

“No need for the introduction, since you and Yna are the only ones here, I can safely assume you are Silenced.” He says as he walks towards me.

“Well, yes, but I was going to say ‘pleased to meet you’.” I say, countering his statement.

“Oh. Well, it’s been long since I found a student who can talk back at me. I congratulate you.” He laughs.

“You’re most welcome sir.” I reply.

“Since you’re a newcomer here, I should give you a tour of the whole campus.”

“But sir, I am—“

“Yes, yes. I know. But it still depends on your subject.” He says with irritation.

“What do you mean, sir?”

“Just show me your schedule, Sil.”

I’m surprised. He really used that accidental name? Not a bad name though.

“Or should I say,’ Silenced’? What would you prefer?” he asks me though the answer seems obvious enough.

“I’d rather choose Sil Enced than Silenced. And the pronunciation should be just as my Scourge name should be.”  Comes my reply.

“Oh, hiding your Identity here now, isn’t it?” He scans my whole appearance, amused.

“Nope, in a way I wasn’t hiding it, since it’s still my name if concatenated.” I say, holding out my schedule.

“Hmmm, I guess you’re right.” He takes my schedule and looks at the top.

“Mmmhm, History. The professor is…”

He snaps his free hand’s thumb and forefinger.

“Okay, you’re in luck. The instructor here doesn’t like latecomers.”

How the hell am I supposed to be in luck if the first subject instructor hates latecomers?

“…But is soft towards new students.” He hands my schedule back.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

“Well then, I shall give you a tour now.” He says brightly and proceeds to the door.

“Wait, I don’t want to be so late in my first day.”

“So?”

“Maybe you should just tour me next time and just lead me to my room?” I say hopefully.

“Well, if you want to then… Yna, type me an excuse letter for this unfortunate guy.” He addresses Yna.

“You could start greetings to your subordinates with a nice ‘Good morning’” She responds, eyes still in the computer.

“Good morning. How’s that? Now work the letter out fast.”

She sighs and then the sounds of the keyboard keys clacking became more frequent and rapid. You can imagine her competing in a speed-typing contest and win effortlessly.