Six

“Yes!” Elly screamed as the ten bowling cons fell to the floor. She pulled in Liam for a hug and he smiled down at her.

I was watching them from where I stood, next to Zayn a few steps away, a smile playing on my lips. I hadn’t seen her that happy in a long time, it was a really beautiful sight.

“They are really cute aren’t they?” Zayn said as he followed my gaze.

“Yeah” I breathed, not risking letting any jealousy be heard in my voice.

I mean it’s not like I wanted Liam or anything I just wanted to one day be able to look at someone and know that they truly loved me for who I am. I’m not saying that that’s what they have but I bet they will be there one day while I’m sitting at home with my 53 cats. Oh no wait I bet the cats will leave me too. So I’ll probably just be sitting all by myself. I’m not even sure if I believe in love. I’m just joking I do believe in love only not when it comes to myself.

“Al?”

“Huh?” I said as I was pulled out of my thoughts.

“It’s your turn” Zayn said, giving me a pat on the back.

It was Friday night and we were out playing bowling as we had decided. It was only me, Elly, Liam and Zayn , Niall had ditched us in last minute. I didn’t blame him though, I wouldn’t want to hang out with myself either, but he did say that he really wanted to come but he had to help his brother prepare for a party tomorrow. So it was Elly and Liam against me and Zayn.

I took a bowling ball and walked forward slowly. I swung the ball back and forth with my hand until I threw it and it rolled down the lane. The ball knocked down eight out of ten cons and I heard Zayn cheer behind me.

The night went by fast and we shared a lot of laughs and really bad jokes. Zayn and I won the bowling match so it ended with Liam and Elly buying us pizza. I never thought you could have that fun just by playing bowling.

“...he looked so scared, poor Zayn! “ Liam laughed, finishing his story about when they were at their old friend Zack’s birthday party. Zack’s grandmother had gotten a bit interested in Zayn and had tried to take off his shirt and kept putting her hand on his crotch. She didn’t stop until her husband found them and threw Zayn out from the party.

Liam was now laughing so hard that he found it very hard to breathe and Elly and I weren’t far from that.

We were sitting on the floor laughing our heads off after telling each other embarrassing stories when suddenly Zayn's phone went crazy in his pocket.

"Hello?" He said, a pizza slice almost touching his lips.

"Oh hey" he said taking a bite of the pizza. 

"No worries next time, yeah?"

"Tomorrow?"

 "You know you don't have to ask, I'll be there"

"The others? Yeah I'll ask them, don't think Liam would like to miss this though. See you tomorrow, yeah?"

  Elly and I gave each other a confused look as we waited for Zayn to hang up.

"Niall?" Liam asked with a knowing grin growing on his face.

"You know it bro" Zayn said with a laugh.

"Niall's brother Greg and his frat brothers are throwing a big party tomorrow, and since Niall helped to prepare it he's allowed to bring a few friends even though we are still in high school" Zayn announced with a happy grin.

Elly and I turned to look at each other knowing exactly what we both were thinking.

We had promised each other to live more when we started our senior year and attend almost every party we got invited too. I mean you're only a senior in high school once - if you don't fail.

"He also apologized for ditching us today, he'd love to join another time" Zayn continued.

"But Elly? Al? What do you say? Are you up for a frat party tomorrow?"

"Defiantly" said Elly, nodding her head.

"Defiantly" I agreed, nodding my head as well.

"Great" Zayn said, giving us both a smile.

***

"Still can't believe we're going to a frat party tomorrow" I said, not taking my eyes off the road.

"Me neither, and thank god it isn't themed or something like that" Elly said with a laugh.

"Yeah, but what do we wear?" I asked, starting to get a bit nervous.

"I have no fucking idea" Elly said, letting out a loud sigh.

I dropped off Elly at her house before I sped off to my house. I was death tired and couldn't wait to get home. It had been a really long day but I had actually had fun.

It was almost midnight when I parked my car in the lot behind my dad’s. I told him I would be home before midnight and I for once actually kept that promise.

I noticed dim light shining from inside the living room, meaning my dad was still up. I still used my key instead of knocking as I entered the house.

“Al?” I heard my dad shout from the couch.

“Hi dad” I said as I took my shoes and jacket off and started to walk towards the living room.

“How was your night?” he asked curious as I took a seat next to him.

“It was great actually, had loads of fun”

“I’m glad to hear that” he said with a happy smile.

It must be so hard being a parent, I mean you don’t want your daughter to be out all night, partying, be with loads of boys all the time and what not but at the same time you don’t want her to be home all the time, never spending time with her friends and getting her first boyfriend when she’s 32.

“I’m really tired though so I think I’m gonna head to bed now” I said as a yawn escaped my lips.

“You do so, Goodnight Al, see you tomorrow” Dad said as he gave me a hug.

“Goodnight dad.”

I made my way upstairs and pulled of my jeans as soon as I entered my room. I continued to undress quickly and changed into a large t-shirt and a pair of shorts. There is nothing more comfortable than that. I brushed my teeth and washed my face very quickly before I stumbled to bed, half asleep.

 It didn’t take many minutes before I drifted to sleep, feeling nervous about tomorrow.

A/N: Hellooo:) Short and boring I know but next chapter will be betteerrrr and I hope y'all are ready to partyyyyy. See you soon:)