Eight

“Harry?” I asked surprised, not sure that I was seeing straight.

My intention had been to sound angry and annoyed but my voice had betrayed me. I couldn’t even pretend that I was just a bit angry to see him or rather annoyed that he had dragged Ryan from me. Because I was so relieved to see someone I recognized but I could not let him know that. I was still mad at him. Or maybe mostly angry with myself for falling for his charm but he was still the reason for my anger, whoever it was against.

 “Al.” He said as he sighed deeply.

“Get the fuck away from her” he said as he turned his head to look at Ryan and pushed him harshly. Ryan didn’t even question it and moved quickly through the crowd, not even once looking back.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

 “Me?” he asked in disbelief.

 “You were the one dancing with a r'pist!” He continued his voice low and harsh.

“What?” I asked confused.  Did he just say rapist?

“You obviously don’t know who Ryan is” he said.

“No but maybe I would’ve got a chance to get to know him if you wouldn’t have dragged him away!” I said my voice louder than I wanted. I did not want to make a scene, not here.

He ignored my - almost - shouting and just continued.

“But I do. He was arrested last year for sexual battery, but the charges were dropped” 

I felt my heart beat hard in my chest and my throat go dry. What is it with me and my luck with boys? A normal person would have thanked Harry for saving them from probably being r'ped but unfortunately I wasn’t normal so what came out of my mouth next was something I had not planned to say, what so ever.

“Oh so you guys have something in common”

I have no idea why I just said that but it seems like every time I look at Harry, I see a picture of him fucking his friends little sister. Harry’s is smirking but the girl is faceless.

Harry’s eyes narrowed and the muscles in his jaw twitched under his skin. He looked angry, really angry. I had never seen him angry before, irritated yes but never this angry. I gulped nervously as I took a step backwards.

“Are you calling me a r'pist?” He said in a cold, low tone.

“No” I said fast, not really knowing what to say.

“I- I just- Why do you even care?” I manage to say as I felt like I was going to pass out.

He took a step toward me and took a hold of my wrist as he with his other hand put a finger under my chin and tilted my head up so I was looking straight into his eyes.

“Don’t ever call me that again.” He said, coldly.

He was really scaring me and this was not the Harry I was used to being around.

“And you’re right. I don’t fucking care. Go and fuck whoever rapist you want” He said, tightening his grip on my wrist.

I tried to pull my wrist out of his grip but he didn’t even seem to notice.

“Harry stop” I almost begged.

“You’re hurting me” I continued desperately, and he let go of my wrist almost immediately.

He looked almost sad as I turned around and hurried away from him. I don’t think I’ve ever been that scared. I’m not the one to get in fights and certainly not people with who could knock you down with one punch. Not that I think Harry would ever do that to me…but what do I know? I didn’t think he was the one to blow up that easy either. All these surprises.