14th

She placed a tentative hand on top of his wooden head, causing an urge of shock to go through him. He snapped his malicious eyes towards the female individual that made the foolish decision of waking him up from his peaceful sleep and was astonished by her innocent beauty.

Long thick curls of blood cascaded down to her ankles as a faint blue tint created the illusion of a holograph on he mane. Her delicate heart shaped face, accommodated a pair of big blue eyes, a small button nose and a pair of luscious red lips that we're awaking his inner man after such a long period of time. Her hand softly lied on top of his surface as her fluttered eyes observed his bark, a light smile enlighting her already beautiful features.

He felt enthralled by her ethereal existence and that made him wonder if she belonged to this coven as well. He wouldn't be surprised if she was apart of the evil enchantresses that forced this curse to rain down upon him and transform his every day Life into raw misery.

"Poor poor tree, who did this vandalising thing to you?"she gently parted her lips and allowed a sweet, melodic voice to slice the silence that usually surrounded him. He was unable to speak as a seemingly ivory mist of passion enclosed his voice in a burdening cage.

Hearing no response, the female sighed and revealed a small cyan velvet box from under the long and flowing tunic that covered her evident thick body. She opened the small box and with cautious, yet sure moves, knelt down in front of the mahogany man and caressed gently the three long scratches that adorned his sides. He clearly remembered them to be that of the local kids. Being a talking tree has practically caused him to be susceptible to oblivious and innocent pranks, that originated from the neighborhood punks.

He chuckled.

Times surely have changed. He racked his brain to remember the times where castles turned into houses and forests turned into asphalt. It was disheartening to see that his previous kind was so greedy of power dominion. That thought made him feel just a tad better about being a pre-historic king that met a terrible fate in the hands of the High Priestess.

"You'll keep this a secret, won't you, my dearest friend?" the female once again exclaimed, as she slowly dubbed his scratches into a sparkly substance, seemingly made of gold. He curiously let his eyes wander down the spot that she "healed" and in great surprise witnessed his scratches long gone as if they were never there. His let his eyes snap back towards the female's face, as he hopefully glanced at her enchanting form.

She was a witch. A witch that could possibly save him from this miserable state.

With that thought in mind he focused his attention solely on creating some sort of communication with her. He attempted to open a crevice on his perfectly sculptured by nature, body and allow sound to escape the hollow spot. He agonisingly struggled to send a message to her as he felt something rip from the south parts of his bark.

Sighing in success, he darted his eyes towards the girl, only to find her gone. "No..No...Not again.."he whispered painfully as he closed his eyes and sorrowfully sobbed, creating new life along the line of his sides, vivid flowers sprouting from the seed of his sadness.

How ironic is the fact that life sprouts from the most impossible of places.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you do the deed, my daughter?'' the High Priestess demanded from the shape shifter that had obliged to perform the quest under the title "daughter". Her mission revolved around the sudden poisoning of the cursed king. In a surprising turn of events, the High Priestess felt immense pity for the individual that offended her deeply, millenniums ago. Hence she decided of allowing his soul to escape the immortal vessel that he was trapped in. 

"Yes mother, I successfully completed your objective, as I gave the cursed king, the powder you gave me.."she trailed off as she placed her fist over her heart and bowed slightly, a gesture that originated from the Great Amazonian warriors. Specifically, the before mentioned powder, consisted of many ingredients that were considered lethal not only for the king, but for the rest of his "gardening" companion as the main result would usually be immediate death.

However, that was not the case in this scenario.

It was unknown to many that the shape shifter that accepted that quest was none other than the goddess of the light and the daughter of Ra ,the Egyptian god of the sun, disguised as a minion of darkness by taking the form of a tall, lean and lanky mantis. She deceived not only the High Priestess, but the cursed king himself as she doomed him at a fate that was much dreaded by all of them, condemning the poor king in a life of misery. According to her father, which personally swapped the dusts, the powder that she held was not a poison, but a teleportation mechanism.

Now they just had to wait.