Bonds

Hey guys! I am uploading every single story I've ever written! Just getting them all out of my system and which ever one seems to be the most liked, I'll continue! I just need something to re-inspire me and this seemed like a cool way to begin writing again! Leave feedback plleeeaasse.

Three Years Later

            Gabby pulled into the nearest available parking space in the lot in front of the biology building on campus. Her school, Trenton State University, was the largest private school in Northern California; and not to mention, the most expensive. The campus was circular with a 35-mile radius, and was complete with state-of-the-art everything: desks, computers, even vending machines that were beyond their time. Each major had its own glass enclosed building, and each building had its own parking lot, complete with optional valet parking, just in case you were late for class. There were a few restaurants scattered across the campus: three Starbucks', two Chipotles, five luxury cafés, and one Hooters. The manicured lawn was always green, the classrooms were always spotless and the teachers were always happy. It should have been a haven for her; but it was more the lesser of two evils. The only reason she came to school, was so that she didn't have to be at home. The problem was that once she was at school, all she did was count the dreaded minutes to when she would have to go back home. It was torture, but an easier one to bear than the alternative.

            She put her Land Rover in park and turned the air-conditioning system on full blast. After reveling in the feel of the cool breeze blowing across her hot face for a few minutes, she hesitantly adjusted her rearview mirror so that she could see her face. She'd been avoiding mirrors for the last three years; maybe because with every second she looked at her reflection she found a new flaw.

            Her heart shaped face was partially hidden behind a large pair of Louis Vuitton sunglasses. The elegant black, rope-design frame sat on the bridge of her straight nose, which had turned a pink color from the irritation of Gabby's sniffling all the way to school. Her pink lips were puffy, her cheeks were pale, her black hair sat, at the nape of her neck, in a lackluster ponytail. She looked like she could break at any moment. Only her black leather jacket and tights made her look remotely like the badass everyone thought she was. Little did they know; she was the weakest person she knew.

            Gabby jumped as a loud tap came at her passenger's window, "Gabby! Hello?"

She smiled as her best friend pressed two large lips against her window, leaving a red kiss in their stead. Gabby used the central unlocking system to let her into the SUV.

                        "Hey, Nikki," Nicole Samantha Anderson was like a ball of warm sunshine on earth, with her bright blonde hair, wide, hazel eyes, and sun kissed skin. She was an eternal optimist with a constant white-toothed smile across her round face. She kept Gabby balanced; kept her just above the breaking point.

                                    "Don't 'hey' me you flaker. You ditched me last night," Nikki pulled Gabby into an embrace, "What are you wearing?"

                        "What do you mean?"

                                    "I mean, it's like, 80 degrees outside and you're in a jacket, crazy,"

            Gabby scanned Nikki's barely there, jeans shorts, her white crop top, pink slippers, and 'California' snapback, "You look very summery,"

                        "Not an actual word, but I'll take it," she rummaged through her large, designer purse and pulled out a tube of pink, lip gloss, "Here,"