Just like Old Times

The humming of the ceiling fan competed with the distant chirping of a bird just outside the bedroom window. The high pitched song floated through the heavy, burgundy drapery filling the room with a melancholy air. The curtains brushed back and forth against the hard wood floor allowing glimmers of light the peak through for moments at a time.

Gabby slid the Egyptian cotton sheets along her body until she was free of the soft, cool material. The matrass was too soft, the smell too sweet, and the memories too fresh. Carefully, she leaped from the bed, trying not to wake the sleeping man who had brought her back to life the night prior.

Tiptoeing from the bedroom and into the kitchen, Gabby felt that she could feel every particle in the room brush against her bare body. Her nerves were hyperaware, her senses alert. A light breeze whooshed about the quiet space from a window left slightly ajar in the living room, and Gabby unconsciously moved toward it. Pulling back the light blue curtain, she let the daybreak burst over her, shining brilliantly across her skin and leaving a sizzling sensation on every surface it touched. She let her eyes flutter closed, and basked in the feel of warmth and light.

"Wow," Gabby smiled at the deep voice.

"I thought you were asleep," she tilted her head upward, keeping her eyes shut.

"I can't sleep without you," he was getting closer; Gabby heard no footsteps, but she felt him closing the space between them.

"I was so quiet," her voice shook with anticipation of his hands on her skin.

"Rabbit," he whispered against her ear, "We're connected," he kissed her neck, "I can feel when you're not there,"

Their light breaths turned into loud pants as a single finger snaked its way over Gabby's stomach and up toward her neck. She smiled as she felt a pulsation against her lower back, "I can feel you too,"

Jay spun her wordlessly to face him, and lifted her into his arms. He grasped her thighs firmly with both hands, the positon requiring each one of the muscles in his arms to be flexed, "I want you,"

His eyes were locked on hers and she ran her hands through his tousled hair, "I want you," Gabby tugged at his soft locks, giving herself better access to his pink mouth and took his bottom lip between her teeth.

"Come on Gabby, don't torture me," He lay her on the couch and shielded her with his hard body, "It was hard enough keeping my hands to myself last night,"

"Last night was perfect," Gabby wrapped her arms around Jay's neck, "absolutely perfect,"

"It would have been even more perfect if you'd let me make love to you,"

The memories of the night before flooded Gabby's mind. Images of Jay thrusting her on the bed and eagerly throwing his clothes from his body. He'd removed her mother's shirt with care, and then ripped her tiny shorts in two. After running his nose along her inner thighs, and inhaling what he called 'her signature scent', Jay settled atop Gabby, hovering over her, and had stared wordlessly into her eyes. For a few long minutes, he simply admired her. He had attempted memorized every detail of her beautiful face, every curve, every lash, every line. Then, he had looked at every bruise, every scar and every mark that man had put on her. He had thought about how strong she was to withstand such traumatic experiences and still lead the world to believe she was alright. How loyal she was to be abused by her own parent and still care for him as best as she could. She was amazing. How could her father not see that? How could he not love his magnificent daughter? Jay had placed a kiss on the bruise under her eye and breathed 'I will always be there for you'.