Chapter 6: An Unexpected Encounter

Normal POV 

The ninja woke and did their morning ritual before entering the living room. They were half-asleep and didn't remember anything from the day before. They were completely oblivious as to what had happened, and while they sat at the dining table, the memories flooded back. They remembered the ninja. The ones brave enough and strong enough to defeat the great and powerful metal monster that nearly demolished the town. They huddled together and kept discussing it. "Who do you think that was?" Kai asked. "I don't know." answered Cole. "But they sure were cool."

 "They kicked butt!" Nya exclaimed. Everyone sat by as Zane sat, thinking about them. Something wasn't right. They weren't normal. And the ending where they disappeared contributed to that. He wondered about them until he saw that he was alone in the dining room. He heard the others outside in the backyard, talking and of course, training. He looked side to side before he rose from his seat and wandered aimlessly around the house. He found a few rooms such as a library, a study room, another guest room, and a bathroom. 

After a while of wandering, he came across the three locked rooms that he wondered about. He made a mental note to ask Marissa about them. He wandered back to where the others were, and noticed a giant training course with punch bags, sword dummies, giant poles that lunge up, and more. He saw that the ninja tried, but couldn't complete it. "Oh well." Kai said. "This course needs time." "Right." Said Cole as he hopped off a pole. Every one was laughing and smiling when suddenly they were disrupted by a giant boulder which crashed down a giant fence and made a big pile of ash and dirt to go everywhere.        

A girlish scream echoed the room, and all the ninja turned their attention towards Cole, who was grabbing onto Sensei Wu, disheveling his hat. The ninja then steered their attention towards the pile of rubble, which now held a ninja in red on top of it. The ninja sat up and brushed the ash off, looked around to the ninja, smiled sheepishly and gave a little awkward laugh. The others just stared back at the ninja, confused. Marissa looked irritated at the ninja. "I thought I told you to-" she started then stopped. "Where did that boulder come from?" she asked the ninja in red. The ninja's eyes widened and they hopped off the boulder. The red ninja walked up to Marissa and whispered quietly. Marissa looked worry some at Sensei Wu and his students before she stood straight. "I want you to go and tell her that I am still waiting for her to come back." she said in a strict and worried voice. The red ninja nodded and zoomed off, jumping the fence and running down the hill. Marissa turned back and smiled at Wu. "Well then, now that that's over, let's go into the living room, shall we?" She said sweetly. The ninja looked about each other before following her to the living room. The afternoon was spent talking and laughing and once the ninja noticed that it was turning night, Marissa offered them to stay. Wu bowed towards Marissa. "Thank you, Sister. We appreciate it." He said, smiling. The ninja scrambled to bow too, but Marissa stopped them. "No worries, you do not need to bow or say thanks. It is my pleasure to have you." She replied. Sensei Wu sent the ninja to sleep, pairing them in a room where there were four bunks and a few trunks to store their stuff. Quickly, the ninja fell asleep except for Zane and Jay, which were staring up towards the ceiling. "Hey Zane?" Jay asked. Zane looked downwards. "Yes?" He replied. There was a silence that greeted him for a few seconds before Jay replied in a curious yet cautious tone, "I think she's hiding something from us." Zane looked at him and nodded his head. "Yes, I think so too."                       

(A/N Sorry for not writing in so long. I've been MIA for a while. Anywhozies, I know this is a short chapter. It's supposed to just be a filler, and I'll make sure to write a longer one next time. I will also try to update once every week, and even twice every week if I have a bunch of ideas flowing. Have a nice day! -Lauren <3)