Chapter 1: How'd we get in this mess

Please watch this video to get a feel for what a swim team is. If you arent or havent been on swim team before.
○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●●○
      4:30 am

   That was the time I woke up. Staring at my ceiling for my alarm to sound I blink. Why do I do this to myself. Why did I force myself to awaken from my beautitful  slumber. All for the sake of dropping a few measly seconds. For my lungs to fill with pressure from not breathing in the flags. No I did this for myself to win. To become stronger than ever before. After last year of my broken arm. I can finally swim healthy with out fail. I am going to own this year. This year is when I will make it to state.

15 mintues later----

After falling back asleep I finally got up and ready for swim practise. Walking out side I get in my car and drive to my Jackson High School. Pulling in to the lot I park and notice seventeen other vehicles. Smiling as I am now the last one to arrive.

Opening the door to enter the building I sigh. What a great year this is going to be. Heading towards the swim doors I could faintly smell the chlorine. Walking closer and closer each time the chlorine smell cop grew stronger. Finally reaching thenpool deck I study every detail of my beloved pool. The purple and white flags above the swim lanes for the backstrokers.

Walking into the locker room I round the corner and head to my unopened locker

Walking into the locker room I round the corner and head to my unopened locker. The the metal Cold against my skin if I pry the door open. My four drag suits hung on the left hook, while my fast skin was still in its orginal package from last year. My three sets of goggles lay at the bottom of the locker covered in mold. I guess thats what I get for not bringing the home and leaving them on the rusty bottom shelf.

"Kasey!" I hear as lean arms wrap around my frame. The smell of chlorine and lavender engulfes my senses.

"Grace Craity!" I say hugging her sun kissed arms smiling like a fool.
"Oh, how Ive missed you guys!" I say as I shead a tear.

"Don't cry un less you've got a good reason for it. Like swimming the 500 or something worst." Kalani(Ca-Lawn-E) groaned from around the corner. Her dark chocolate hair falling out of a messy swim bun.

"I've missed you too Kalani." I sarcastically say. Rolling her hazel eyes at my remark she closes her locker with a bang.

"Come, the rest of the team will want to know your back." Grace shouted as she placed her danity hands on my shoulders. Shoving me right out of the girls locker room and back to the deck.