Katelyn's First Mission

Katelyn and Sam walked into the locker room while Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c waited outside. Sam grabbed the green uniform from the hanger and started putting it on. Katelyn followed suit.

When both of them were dressed, they put on standard Stargate vests which were adorned with a plethora of pockets and was presumably bulletproof.

"Did I do this right?" Katelyn asked Sam.

"Yeah, you did fine," Sam said smiling. Katelyn smiled back and they walked out of the locker room.

"It's all yours, Sir," Sam said. She walked past the men, who were now taking their place in the locker room, and headed to the armory.

"Where are we going?" Katelyn asked.

"To the armory."

The moment Sam finished that sentence she stopped at a big, metal door. Sam slid her security card and the door made a noise then it slid open. Katelyn could see rows upon rows of different types of weapons.

"Okay, the standard is C-4, a P-90, a .40 caliber handgun, and a Zat gun. You haven't had the proper training just yet to use the P-90 or C-4. This should be a pretty safe mission, but we never know what's going to be on the other side, so you have been authorized to use a Zat gun. One shot stuns, two shots kills, and three vaporizes."

Katelyn nodded and grabbed the Zat gun gingerly. Katelyn wasn't new to guns. She'd been around them her whole life and she even had a little .380 she kept for protection but hearing that the zat gun can kill and vaporize kind of freaked her out.

"Put this in the holster on your right," Sam said, handing Katelyn the zat gun holster.

When the girls were done getting their things from the armory, Jack, Teal'c, and Daniel came walking through the door.

"Are you guys done?" Jack asked.

"Yes, Sir," Sam said.

"Okay, you can wait for us here or go and wait in the gate room," Jack replied.

"We'll wait here. It will be cooler if all five of us walk into the gate room at the same time," Katelyn said with a smile.

"I like this girl," Jacks said to Daniel pointing at Katelyn.

Katelyn and Sam waited for the men to get their weapons. Jack and Sam had everything while Daniel only had a zat gun and a .40. Teal'c had a staff weapon instead of a P-90 but otherwise carried the same weapons.

"Let's go," Jack said motioning the rest of the team to follow him. When Jack reached the metal door leading to the gate room he stopped.

"Okay, I'll walk in first, then Sam and Teal'c, and then Daniel and Katelyn. It'll look just like a movie."

SG-1 smiled at their excentric commanding officer. Jack slid his card and the door opened. They walked in as Jack suggested and stopped in a line in front of the Stargate. Walter, a gate technician, could be heard over the PA system.

"Chevron five encoded."

Walter went through the sequence until the Stargate stopped spinning and a blue wave of what looked like water, shot out horizontally and made Katelyn jump.

Daniel looked over at Katelyn and laughed.

"Don't worry; it happens to everyone the first time. You'll get used to it." Katelyn smiled sheepishly.

"God speed SG-1," General Hammond said from the control room. Jack looked back and saluted casually before he, Sam, and Teal'c started up the ramp toward the watery gateway. Jack walked through and disappeared with Sam on his six.