166

riley's point of view

I was sitting at my favorite place in my apartment reading a new book when my door rang.

I walked to the door and opened it.

"Riley, before you'll throw the door in my face. Let me talk. " Jack said, standing there out of breath looking like he might have run here.

"Jack, what are you doing here? " I crossed my arms.

"I-i want to talk. " Jack mumbled.

Here we go again.

"Jack, why are you giving me hate on social media but you're literally wanting to talk? If there's something wrong you could've texted me. " I sighed. He just needs to clear his mind, i guess.

He started to look over my shoulder, looking for something or someone.

"What are you looking for ? " I said confused.

"Uhm, Is that boy home? " He asked.

"Dylan, you mean? "

"Yeah, that boy." He looked annoyed. He clearly didn't like him that much as the crew did.

"He will be in about 15 minutes. " I looked at my watch.

"Oh, let's talk for 15 minutes then. I'm coming in. " He walked past me.

"Jack" I tried calling him back, but he didn't listen.

I closed the door shaking my head.

"What is there to talk about Jack. " I grabbed my book and closed it, putting it on the little table.

"Uhm, I want you back. I'm so fucking sorry for cheating Riley. I'm so-

"No, you can't just say that. What's done is done Jack. You can't turn it back. You did what you did. And it scarred me, I don't want you back, Jack. " I interrupted him.

"Can I have a cup of coffee please, I didn't sleep well last night. " He rubbed his eyes.

"Sure. " I sighed and made him his coffee.

He took a sip and smiled.

"You still now how to make my favorite. " He chuckled and put the cup down.

"It's been only half a year Jack. I still know you by heart. " I sat down grabbing my tea I made for myself with me.

I took a sip.

"Why can't things be like they used to be Riley ? Why? Why did you break up with me? " He looked at me, looking like he was going to cry. This break up really hurted him.

"Because you hurted me before Jack. You broke my heart. Dylan is glueing the pieces right now. " I said.

He flinched at the name of Dylan.

"Don't say his name. I don't like it coming from your mouth. " He said.

"I love him now Jack. I'm in love with him. " I said looking at my watch again.

"Are you in a rush? You're looking at your watch the whole time. " He asked me confused.

"No, just waiting for Dyl- him to come back. " I tried avoiding his name for Jack. He hurted me, but I don't like seeing him in pain.

"Alright. Do you still love me Riley ? " He asked me.

"Of course I do. You were my very first love, I'll always love you. As a friend. "

"As a friend. " He sighed.

"Why can't you move on Jack? Why are you keeping me so close to you. Try to forget about me. "

"You made my standards pretty high. I won't find someone like you ever again. "  He said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Well, that's the point. We broke up. "

"Riles, you know what I mean. " He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's Riley. But yeah. I know what you mean. " I said.

"What do I need to do for you to give me another chance ? " He asked me hopeful.

"Jack, how many chances do you expect to get ? Not just from me , but from anyone. You can't just get all the chances you want. "

"Just one more chance Riley, one more. " He grabbed my hand but I pulled it back.

"Don't. "

"Am I having affect on you? Are you still attracted to me ? " He smirked.

"You need to go. Dylan will be here any second. " I stand up and opened the front door.

"I'll see you soon Riley. " He smiled.

"Why is that? "

"I won't give up on you so easily. " He said and left,  leaving my speechless. What do I do.

----

A U T H O R S   N O T E

To my dearest readers, I'm sorry but this book is coming to and end. I haven't wrote it yet but I'm think about ending it at chapter 180.

I'll write other books though, don't worry :)

Comment down below what you think would be a good ending.

Don't be a silent reader, share your thoughts ;p

Love, me