A Final Showdown

"Are you ready to begin?" He asks me. Wow, how polite.

The Excalibur appears and golden flames dance along its edge. The Lord of Shadows grabs his scythe and we face each other. "Since we are here, I'll be a bit fair. It won't affect the outcome though." He says, the world around us lighting up.

I find myself standing in a large hall, maybe a boss room if you will. "Let's begin." He says, launching toward me.

His legs seem to disappear and he flies toward me. I prepare my blade and I swing downward, our weapons clashing. I push him back and I launch golden flames off of the top of the Excalibur.

He fades into the ground and appears behind me in my shadow. I spin around and bend backwards to dodge the scythe's blade. I jump back up and swing horizontally, hoping to catch him off guard.

His body turns into shadow and I grunt as my sword passes through him. He pushes me back with a blast of dark magic, causing me to land on my back on the stain glass floor.

I jump back up and look for my enemy. "You hide like you're afraid of me. Get out here and fight me like a man!" I roar, my voice echoing off the walls.

"Who said I'm hiding?" His voice sounds behind me. I swing my sword and it passes through air. "Dammit! Demon! Drenak! La Llorona!" I say, my partners showing themselves.

Let's just say the hall was massive enough to house two dragons and give them a reasonable amount of room to fly and fight. "I will find him." Drenak's voice booms.

He breathes fire, lighting the room up as much as he could. The Demon looks around and seems to point himself toward a corner shadow.

The Lord of Shadows jumps out and La Llorona encases him in a ball of water. "This will not hold me." His voice moves through the water to the air.

The ball explodes and La Llorona touches the Excalibur with no fear, her spirit willing itself into the sword. The flames extinguish and a thin layer of water coats my sword.

"Two dragons. Impressive." He says, looking at the Demon and Drenak. "I have my own." He says, a roar echoing off the walls.

A dragon just a bit larger than Drenak appears, it's scales a deep purple color. It breathes purple flames and Drenak breathes flames back at him.

"I will join you for this fight, King." The Demon says, the large beast shrinking. It launches itself at me and I stumble backwards for a second as the Demon's soul enters my body through my chest.

Power seems to overflow and I open my eyes, time seeming slow. I raise my left hand and a black magic sphere forms allowing me to look at it for a second before returning my attention to the Lord of Shadows.

Time takes its normal speed and I launch the ball of magic at him, watching as he sidesteps to dodge the projectile. Rynak and the enemy dragon continue to shake the hall as they fight.

I launch myself at him, the Excalibur shining with its thin water coat. He swings at me and I grab the handle of his scythe with the ball of magic in my hand. It explodes and the Lord of Shadows yells out as I tear the weapon from his hands.

I throw the Excalibur at him and it embeds itself in his foot. He yells, trying to turn back into shadow. "Without this weapon, you are useless. I've noticed. When you turn to shadow, you don't let go of your scythe." I say, as he pries the sword out of his foot. "That's a mistake." I sigh, the water around the Excalibur wrapping around him. He drops the sword and it explodes, golden flames surrounding him.

He yells out as the flames burn him alive. I rush at him and I swing the scythe, making contact with his skull. The blade sinks in and I wait a second before tearing the blade from his head. His body hits the floor and the dragon fighting Drenak disappears with his partner.

The scythe I'm holding then transfers from the Lord of Shadows's inventory and enters mine. The world around me fades and I find myself standing in the darkness again.

"That was a very interesting battle, Nathaniel James." Someone says, causing chills to run up and down my spine.

"How do you know my name? Stop hiding like everyone else and show yourself already!" I yell, the world around me lighting up.

I find myself standing in the back parking lot of my school and I look around to see both Anthony and I talking. "This is... this is from the past." I say, looking at my past self.

"This was the day you became King. Nathaniel, your time had finally come. The moment you became King, I saw something I hadn't seen in Darren. He was strong, but you were both strategic and strong. Darren had skills, but you just outmatched him in more ways than one." He says as I continue to stare at myself.

My past self began to glow and I watch as he transformed into who I am today. "Not everyone could do what you did, taking on four gods at once. But you... your anger is what drove your fear away. A passive ability that can be activated is more or less an active ability, yet it didn't need any magic to be used. Your specialty didn't just end there." The voice compliments me.

My past self freaks out as the voice continues. "Your friend Anthony was also very strong, giving you a premium ring. With that, your menu consisted of more than the normal. A larger inventory, stronger magic power, and its own uniqueness. I believe it is time I introduced myself to the King of this world."

My old self and Anthony disappear, replaced by a man wearing normal unHidden World clothing. He was dressed in a t-shirt with a sword on it and he looked to be somewhere in his thirties. "My name is Justin Murdock, and I am the creator of this world."