Chapter 4 | Chloe Bourgeois

🏰In The Royal Castle🏰
Adrien finally got some rest after a long day of princely duties. He just wished to see Marinette one more time. He walked over to his window, looking at the village below. he heard two knocks on his door. "Come in."
The door knob turned, Nathalie showing in the door way. "There is someone in the grand hall to see you, Adrien."

Adrien walked down the long staircases to the Grand Hall. He hoped to see Marinette, even though it was a long shot. There, sitting on the throne was his father. There was a blonde girl with a pawfully large dress for a normal day. She had a yellow fan with black stripes and a lot of make up that only she could pull off. The girl turned to the new comer. "ADDIKINS!" She yelled, running towards the prince.
"It's nice to see you too, Chlo." He hugged her.
"It's always nice to see me!" Adrien chuckles, happy to see his childhood friend.
"Let's go in the garden and catch up." Adrien suggested. Chloe latched on his arm as they walked to the garden. It was a flower garden, with beautiful flowers in every colour, butterflies who flew gracefully around it. There was a large fountain in the centre of it, clear water tripling down. There were benches scattered around. It was so beautiful it felt fake. The two friends sit on a bench, facing the fountain. "So how's life to you?" Adrien asked.
"It's great! I've got new dresses and shoes, our castle is in renovations right now. We're planning to make it bigger." Chloe answered, still latched on to Adrien's arm. "How about you?"
"Well, oh! There's a masquerade ball coming up to celebrate my 16th birthday. You're invited if you want to come." Chloe jumped.
"I definitely want to come! I want to celebrate my Adrikins' birthday!" She squealed.

Marinette was finally done her dress. She now was finishing Alya's dress. She stitched all day and night, having little breaks in between. "Marinette! Dinner's ready!" Her mother called. Marinette was starving, she walked downstairs so fast, she almost tripped herself. She sniffed the air. "Mmm! It smells so good." Her mouth watered at the smell of the food. She sat in one of the chairs and started to eat. It's probably a good time to go get some air. She thought as she finished her soup.

Chloe had just left the palace after dinner with Adrien and his father. Adrien was cooped up in the castle all day, he wanted to get some air. He walked to the area where he met Marinette. He sat on the log, deep in thought.

Marinette decided to visit the area where he met Adrien. She went there occasionally, to think and sometimes sewed her dress. She enjoyed her time there.
•Marinette•
I finished my dinner, telling my parents that I'll be going out. I closed the door behind me and walked to the orchard. I passed the gate and continued south. There, the vines area. Looks like the vines grew some flowers since the last time I came. I moved the vines away, showing the beautiful lake with flowers growing around it. In the corner of my eye, I see a figure. I turn my head slowly to the figure. I sighed with relief to see that it was just the Prince. He seemed to be lost in thought. I decided to just sit on the other log on the opposite side. I sit, sketching a design. The river flowed gracefully, grass, trees, flowers swaying in the gentle wind. I sketched and sketched. It's been about 30 minutes and I drew 3 new designs. I look over to the Prince. He seemed to be still lost in thought. I put down my sketchbook and think about the ball.

•Adrien•
I've been in the secret garden for about 30 minutes now, still lost in thought. I notice a figure moving to my right. I look and there, the girl I was waiting to see again, Marinette. I see that she was lost in thought aswell. A notebook laid beside her. She looked so beautiful. She stared at the flowing river as I stared at her. I decide to sneak up behind her. I move behind her, tempted to hug Marinette, but instead, I just sit beside her, facing the other direction. She jumped. "Your Highness!" I smirk.
"It's nice to see you too, Marinette." I smile, turning my head to face her. She seemed to be blushing.
"I-It's nice to see y-you, you H-highness!" She stammered. Her face began to change colour, from pink to red. I chuckle.
"Please, call me Adrien." I repeated from our first encounter. "Sorry if I surprised you."

"N-no! It's ok. I'm sorry i-if I intruded your privacy." Marinette stuttered.

"Oh, no! It's definitely okay if you intruded my privacy! You are a beautiful girl after all." He smiled. Marinette was on the verge of fainting. Her face turned red, her limbs were weak and her heart was pounding 50 times a second.

***
A/N:Heyyo! Sorry for the late updates in my stories school is starting tomorrow and I'm going to a new school without any of my friends ;-;. But that also means less updates, I maybe will have a schedule of when I update certain stories. I hope you liked this chapter and see you in the next chapter!  😘🐱🐞