Chapter 7 | We're Open!

Marinette opened the bakery early in the morning. She started baking some pies, quiches, croissants, cakes and all of the good stuff. As she waited for them to bake, she read a book. The book was about a female superhero and her flirtatious partner. (*cough* Miraculous Ladybug *cough*)

The bell chimed and a few people walked in, a family, probably. She thought. Her face plastered a smile.
"Do you have any macaroons?" The woman asked.

"Of course! I'll go get the flavours we have." Marinette skipped into the kitchen, taking the varieties of macaroons they had. "We have strawberry, chocolate, vanilla.." And she continued. The woman turned around, asking her family what they wanted.

"I'll get 2 vanilla and strawberry swirls and 3 plain chocolate ones." She ordered. (Making up flavours XD) Marinette took 2 vanilla and strawberry swirls, adding 3 plain chocolate ones into a brown paper bag, the Dupain-Cheng bakery logo designed on it. "How much?"

"€3.04"

"Here you go." She handed me €4.00, I payed her back €0.96.

"Have a nice day!" I smiled.

"You too!" The woman called back. The little girl with brown hair turned back to me, waving. I waved back.

I walked to the kitchen, taking the pies with me. I balanced one on both my hands and one on my head. Placing the two strawberry pies into the glass display, I carefully take off the blueberry one off my head. The bell chimed, and Alya walked in. "Hey, girl!" She greeted.

"Hi! Anything you want?" I asked.

"Nope. I came here to help you!" She answered.

"You don't need to do that. Anyway, I'm doing fine alone."

"Let's say this is my way of repaying you for the dress." She said, walking behind the counter, taking an apron off the rack. "So, what first, Mari?"

"Can you stay here and work the cash register? I'm going to go bake some more treats." I instructed. (I have I idea if they had cash registers in those times 😁)

She did a little salute and turned to face the front. I walked over to the heated kitchen, taking out some ingredients.

***

It was noon, and I've been baking for the past 3 hours. Alya was doing well at the front. A lot of people came in when it was about 2. "Mari! You've got a visitor!" Alya called out.

I walked to the front, cleaning my hands with the damp towel. "Your highne-- I mean, Adrien! Why are you here?" I asked. That was a stupid question, seriously. He was probably here for some baked goods.

"This is a bakery, isn't it?" He chuckled. "I'm actually here to show you something." He said. Show me what? "That is.. If you're able to come."

"I don't know, I have a lot of baking to do. Maybe next time?" I asked. Alya suddenly pulled me into the kitchen.

"What do you think you're doing!? Go with him! Be with your Prince Charming!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know, I'd have to close the bakery early." I said.

"It's fine! I'll be here. Anyway, I know how to bake, remember? You taught me."

".. Fine." I said in defeat.

***

A/N: Sorry for short chapter. Next week the chapter will be longer! Thanks for the support on this story! ❤️❤️❤️