Summer Lovin'~

He knew what it was. He'll admit he knew the minute he tried to move it. He was growing a tail. By now it looked to have been almost fully grown with the occasional sore pain here and there. Clockwork had said not to worry about them.

Grown to a good 6 feet, his tail was longer than he would ever be tall. Covered in inch long black hairs it almost looked like a Persian cat's tail. It matched the hair in his human form. Black and slightly messy. He had once tried moving it again but stopped when he hit himself in the face with it instead. Clockwork had chuckled at his attempt. Danny ignored him, face turning red.

He wasn't quite sure what to think of his new... limb? Clockwork had said that he was still human. Just that he had a tail. So he let it be for now. It always was better for the Ticking ghost to explain on their own time. (Even if it'll take forever. Patience is a virtue, and all that. He learned that in the Christmas Event.)

After the incident last night, the portal had stayed off for the rest of the day. Clockwork had stayed with him giving him company for the day, simply following him around and chatting about the timelines. He wasn't quite sure why he was there but he was rather grateful for it, considering that he almost ended himself that morning.

It was a rather eye-opening experience to the actual mechanics of his ghost side. He hadn't really bothered with it, to begin with, and it's already been, what, two years? He'll admit it was about time.

When he asked Clockwork about it, he had smiled but shook his head and promised to talk about it later. It seemed that whatever it was would probably take a long time. Time that he did not have for now. Both Danny's friends and family were due to come in two days or so, and he still had to find a way to hide the obvious and can't-really-hide, tail. He would simply have to wait. Clockwork knew what he was doing.

The next day he opened the portal again. On the other side, surprisingly was Ghostwriter. He had scolded him immensely on how stupid he was, his Scottish accent getting heavier and heavier, while Clockwork had stood to the side with an amused smile. He had almost curled in on himself for worrying a friend(? Was he a friend?) until GW had pulled him in for a hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He whispered.

Never had he blushed so hard before.

Before Danny could say anything -not that he could, he was stuttering too much- Clockwork intervened.

"Now then." GW paused in his fussing. He slowly looked to where the voice came from. The ectoplasm draining out of his face made him look more, well, dead. He was almost shaking as he stared at the now baby Time ghost. Clockwork smiled.

"I am sure you're both wondering about the events that have transpired...?"

The writing ghost squeaked. Danny was confused.

NOFRIGGINLINEBREAKSWHY

They had sat down in Danny's room, having decided to be safer than sorry. Just in case someone came home early. Danny had decided to just let the rather long tail out. He hadn't bothered to hide it, thinking Clockwork had already known. What he wasn't expecting was for Ghostwriter to find out.

As soon as GW saw it his eyes had widened almost comically. Had it been for a different reason, Danny would've laughed.

"You've gone through Recensere already!?"

He looked up, having been staring at the ground in fear.

"I, what?"

"You have gone through Recensere or Change in Latin," Clockwork says. GW goes silent. Clockwork shifted into a baby. "In a way, you could call it puberty for ghosts."