The Annual Fundraising Gala pt2

"I'm so proud of our boy," Jin's father boasts to Pierre Morten: the surgeon that has worked on every house wife in town, be it a nose job or a breast implant, Cooper Stocker: the son who's taking over his father's oil company and Mick Buratto: the president of Hawkings University - an ivy league school.

If it wasn't obvious enough, Buratto is the one whom his father was interested in. He was playing out all his cards, buttering up Jin's reputation in school.

"Jin has managed to hold the title of President of the school body for 4 years now. He's involved in almost half the clubs in school, won a gold medal in this Spring's debate competition and even has his own magazines published and distributed in school as a side project. And I've recently got news from the Director himself that Jin actually clinched the top spot for the examinations."

His father pushed him forward, patting him hard, trying to get him to saddle up to the Buratto.

"Well technically, I was a point below Kim Namjo-"

Jin choked in a gasp as his father's grip on his shoulders tightens. He hated when this happens. When his parents would push him into the spotlight with a forced hand.

"My boy here, he's graduating and has been yapping about attending Hawkings," Jin's father chuckled with a fake grin. He was reeling in the big fish. "Didn't you tell me you applied for a spot in next Summer's enrollment?"

No, Jin didn't need to tell him because he, along with Jin's mother, had filled out the application by themselves. Only telling him about it when they already sealed the envelope, stamp perfectly stuck to the top corner. Even so, Hawkings was and is his dream school ever since he knew how to read. He wanted it and all its glory, and so he nods and smiles as he gushes about his excitement.

It seems that Buratto was pleasantly surprised, oblivious to his father's blatant attempt at trying to suay his bias opinion, and said he would gladly accept St Strachan Rutherford Academy's golden boy. At that, his father finally releases his iron grip on his shoulder, presumably satisfied. Without a doubt, Jin was going to see a bruise bloom, black and blue.

As the adults trail their conversation to politics, he slips away, desperate to find his friends. He had been glued to his parents' side for hours, pushed from mother to father like a pinball, all to hear them gloat and boast about his accomplishments to everyone. Jin spots Namjoon and his adorable sister on the far side of the big room. Like magnets, he naturally gravitates to his four-eyed friend.

"Save me, please. Take me away from here," he sighs as he rests his chin on Namjoon's shoulders.

A smile spreads on Jin's face as he hears the rumble of Namjoon's deep chuckle. Oh, how he lived for those - it warms his body in all the right places.

"Mmm, well you might have just migrated to another round of Parents' Pride," Namjoon murmurs in his ears. He shifts his body so that he was now holding Jin in his embrace. A hand runs up and down Jin's arm, soothing him even more.