Unexpected Guests

After an intense week of examination prep, the weekend finally rolls over

After an intense week of examination prep, the weekend finally rolls over. The dorm building was clustered with students going in and out of the rooms, segregated into two groups: the ones that stayed and the ones that flee back to their mansions. It was only two days but some of them would take that chance - without hesitation - to escape the academy. Reason being, the dorms provided were the epitome of independence, responsibility and self-reliance and most of these students grew up with 24k gold spoons in their mouth. In the absence of their multiple butlers, cooks and maids, they had no bearings of their own. Laundry, cooking and cleaning with their own hands? Blasphemy, they'd say. And so off they go running back to the comfort of their hired help.

Tucked away in room 307 were Yoongi and Jungkook, busy with the shipment that came in that morning. They hadn't had time to organise and send out their orders due to the hectic schedules implemented by Director Jeon - ever since the disappointing results of the academy's performance came in, the Director has been cramming as many extra classes into the school's timetable, hoping that it'll help raise the performance of the students.

"Turn off your damn phone if you're just going to let it ring away," Yoongi grumbled with a frown while he ticked away at his list. He's always been quite the neat freak. Too neat, in fact, Jungkook thinks he suffers from OCD.

It had been the 7th time - Jungkook started keeping track after the 3rd time - that his mother was calling. The call would last 3 dials and then go completely silent, and this has been going on in the span of two hours. He hadn't bothered picking up his mother's call knowing that it wasn't an emergency. If her calls last for longer than 5 dials, only then would Jungkook consider it one. That was his logic.

"Mum gets angrier if she knows my phone was turned off. If I ignore the calls then at least she'd think I was busy with something school related," explained Jungkook.

Yoongi shrugs, not really interested in his friend's house issues with his mother. All he cared about at that moment was getting his orders sent out promptly, especially now that some of his customers were demanding to get their goods before they leave for home.

"Here," he said, shoving 5 black packages towards Jungkook along with another list he made. It had 5 names that matched to the ones printed on the packages, accompanied by the time and location of the meetup. "They're the ones that are leaving today. Make sure you get there on time. I don't need those bastards hammering away on our door."

Yoongi goes back to packing up the orders that are due after the weekend ends. With a black envelope in one of his arms and a list in between his fingers, he collects the items of the order; picking it out of the containers like a buffet. Jungkook stuffs the packages in his bag and heads out, desperate to get to the locations on time. It made it even more complicated than some of these locations on the list were on opposite sides of the academy. And St Strachan Rutherford spanned over acres and acres of land.

"Call me if there's any problem!"

---