Chapter 5

•Auriel•

shit. Shit. SHIT. I had finally landed thinking I was safe, but one of my dads little minions followed me down. I ended up killing it with a pocket knife I had. Surprisingly, this guy died from a blow to the head. I quietly stared at the blood oozing from the stab wound and I felt my fangs grow out. Suddenly it came to me... I'm bloodstarved. It happens when a vampire doesn't feed in a certain amount of time. I've never fed from a human due to the fear my mother struck in my heart about what happens when you drink too much. Bloodstarved. Withholding the need to rip into the dead flesh of the newborn vampire, I snapped out of my trance. Tara is calling me. "AURIEL?!" Her voice shouts from the top of the hole, "IM OKAY!" She freezes from what I can tell. "Auri? You're alive?" Her voice gone rigid like her body.

{Tara}

Wait... she's alive? How? I felt my body go rigid... still... cold... the wind blew my wavy pink hair back, shivering lightly in the wind I jump in the hole with her.

•auriel•

Her body fell forward and the world slowed a bit I ran beneath her and caught her freezing body in my arms, "are you okay?" I asked checking over her pale features, she gripped my shirt in her hands and had her eyes clenched shut, then she opens her mouth "I'm okay,". Sigh of relief. She's fine. I set her down on the wet floor. And we walk around for a moment trying to find an exit, but all we found was a hallway aligned with old lit torches, looking at eachother we decide to go down the torch lit hall.