Chapter 32: Box Of Terror

''Robin B01. Red Arrow B02. Aqualad B03. Miss.Martian B06. Superboy B05. Gold Siren B07. Zodiac B08.''

            The team appeared in the zeta tube back in Mount Justice. 

          ''I'd still like to know how you got your hands on the Book of Solomon,'' Paige asked.

          ''That was just by pure coincidence,'' Robin answered. ''I found it during my research and knew that if I found it, you two wouldn't be far behind.''

            ''Great, we got caught for being predictable,'' White joked.

           ''White,'' Cheshire cried.

             She did the most un-assassin thing in the world. She ran over and gave him a bone-crushing hug.

            ''J...Jade can't b...breath,'' White choked.

            ''I'm just so happy,'' Cheshire said, not letting go.

            ''Room... getting... dark,'' White joked, making her let go.

            ''Dramatic much,'' Cheshire says.

            ''He's a siren, makes him a performer at heart,'' Paige laughed. ''Dramatics are, kind of, his thing. Even though his actual heart is made of gold.''

            ''So, the monsters have returned,'' Artemis insulted, standing in one of the tunnel mouths with Wally.

            ''Just shut up and keep your thoughts to yourself, Artemis,'' Superboy growled, standing in front of the magic users.

            The rest of them also stood in front of them. A wall of heroes to protect them. Roy got up in her face.

           ''He is my brother and I will not let you make accusations against him,'' he threatened. ''Do anything like that again, and the last thing you will see is an arrow flying at your head.''

             ''I...i'm gonna call Haley,'' White said, running off.

           Paige seemed to radiate anger as she rose one of her keys. Ma'gann pushed her key down gently, calming her down. White was talking with Haley to calm himself down.

           ''It was your choice, and I respect that, but can't we just turn her into a tree,'' Haley says over the phone. ''We've done it to a demon.''

             ''You know, very well, you can't,'' White said. ''I do appreciate the offer, though. Believe me when I say I wish you could.''

             ''Hey, at least you still have Roy,'' Hope said, having grabbed her sister's phone. ''Blood's thicker than water, White.''

             ''I don't know what I would do without my sisters,'' Harper took the phone next.

           ''Thanks guys,'' White chuckled. ''And maybe next time I should use the mirror so you don't have to pass around the phone like playing hot potato.''

            ''Technically, we're just taking it from each other,'' Haley says, having her phone back. ''Bye, White.''

            They both hung up. White went to the living room, knowing the others would be there. But when he got there, he was greeted by Kaldur, but he was hit by incredible pain. He held his chest as the pain got worse. He fell to the floor.

            ''White,'' Roy cried, running to him.

           ''Dark magic,'' he said. ''It's everywhere. It hurts. Make it stop, please.''