Chapter 34: Spear Of Destiny

The team was frantic trying to find out where the spear could be. They were back at the cave. Wally and Artemis had joined them, but the two magic users kept their distance for their sanity's sake.

          ''The Spear of Destiny is one of the most legendary artifacts in the world, and is now in the hands of some madman,'' Paige said. ''We can't let this turn into the worse magic disaster since Atlantis sinking into the sea.''

          ''Pardon,'' Aqualad asked.

          ''Talk later,'' White says.

          ''If someone has the spear, how come everything isn't different already,'' Roy asked. ''Shouldn't the world be full of evil and all of us wiped from history?''

           ''Good point, Roy,'' Robin agreed. ''So there must be another reason. Let me run some facial recognition for any villain that was recently in Greece around when that evil box was opened.'' 

          ''Is there anything else about the spear that might help,'' Aqualad asked White and Paige.

         ''You could say that the spear also works as a key,'' Paige said.

         ''A key to what,'' Superboy asked.

         ''A place outside of time and space,'' White says. ''The river of time and the Loom of Fate. Two things that could change the world forever.''

         ''Could you do that with the spear on its own,'' Cheshire asked.

          ''The spear can only control the destinies of individual people,'' White said. ''The Loom of Fate can be used to alter entire timelines. All you have to do it cut the thread and POOF, there goes an entire line of history. You can literally remake history into your own image with a needle and thread.''

          They didn't notice Artemis smiling at that and locking eyes with Wally.

          ''Are you kidding me,'' Robin complained. ''Of all people to have the spear, it had to be him that has it.''

          They looked at the screen he pulled up.

          ''Vandal Savage, of course,'' Roy growled.

         ''I take it he's one of your worse villains,'' Paige guessed.

         ''If you count an immortal psycho warlord that wants to rule the world with an iron fist bad, then yes,'' Robin said.

          ''Immortal, HA,'' White sarcastically laughed. ''I could name about five different magical species that could him look mortal in comparison. Even the mermaids are more dangerous than him.''

            ''We won't even ask,'' Miss.Martian responded.

           ''Savage will need a magical doorway for the spear to open the gate to the loom,'' Paige told them. ''Are you thinking what i'm thinking, White?''

           ''If you're thinking that he's going to Camelot, then yes,'' White answered. ''Guess we're going back sooner than I thought.''

          ''You thought you would have to go back,'' Miss.Martian asked, thinking they would leave the team again.

           ''We would have to make sure Excalibur and the crown were safe, you know,'' Paige said, relieving her.

           ''I got this,'' White says.

          He slashed through the air as if he was holding the powerful blade. The entire team was transported to the castle of legend. When they got there, Vandal Savage was already there with the Spear of Destiny in hand.

         ''Savage,'' Aqualad yelled, getting his attention.

         ''Why if it isn't the mini Justice League,'' he taunted. ''And their magic user pets.''

         ''Hey,'' the two protested.

          ''What possible chance do you have against a god,'' Savage boosted.

         ''If you're a god, then i'm a unicorn,'' Paige says. ''Siren, show him a real weapon.''

          White held out his hand. Behind the psycho, Excalibur pulled itself from the stone. It flew over Savage's head and into White's hand. He took a battle stance.

          ''How can you wield the legendary sword,'' Savage growled.

          ''It respects the king of the sirens, that's why,'' White smirked. 

         Savage just stood there. Barely even phased by the fact a thirteen year old kid was the king of an entire magical race. 

           ''Sorry to cut your fun short, but I have an entire fantasy to erase from the face of the Earth, and everywhere else,'' Savage said.

            He slammed down the spear, sending a wave of energy that sent them all flying. They crashed into a wall as a mystical gate formed in the door closest to him. He walked through and disappeared. The team quickly ran in after him.