Chapter -3 (Last part)

"SURPRISE!" , she exclaimed, as she halted her steps right in the middle of the room, her face beaming down on him.

He was about to haul himself out of bed, but froze midway, as he took in the sight before him, his brain capturing the details in nano seconds. The sky blue color saree with a thin golden border, was wrapped around her body perfectly. What must have been a perfect, neat braid in the morning looked a bit disheveled now, and a few strands of hair in the front have managed to come loose from the clip used to hold them back. The kohl in one of her eyes was a little smudged, the gloss on her lips had worn off and there was a thin sheen of perspiration covering her forehead.

"Delectable" was the only word that he could think of.

"Haaye, chehra toh dekho Raavan Kumar ka," she didn't say, but thought to herself, as she enjoyed the look of shock on his face that slowly turned to one of open admiration.

She cleared her throat meaningfully, before saying, "In case you haven't noticed yet, aap ki fav Italian layi hoon."
Holding the food packet up for him to see, she took a few steps towards the bed. She knew he was a goner, but he would rarely admit to it. So she wasn't very surprised, when he quickly schooled his expressions and retorted, "Kaamchor dentist ! Mujh se kehti hai aaj full schedule hai Raman, chhe baje se pehle nikalna na mumkin hai, aap se mil nahi paaoongi sham ko..aur ab dekho chaar bajte hi ghar aa gayi."

She glared at him in response, and he wanted to crush her in his arms and kiss her thoroughly. She always looked adorable, when annoyed. To annoy her further, he sat back down on the bed comfortably, and opening the lid of the laptop, pretended to be busy.

"Sach bata Madrasan, kahin Dr. Batra ne tumhe kaam se toh nahi nikal diya?", he asked, and stole a quick glance at her, fully expecting her to explode.

She had some choice words on the tip of her tongue to respond to that, but a quick glance at the clock changed her mind.

He watched her curiously, as she hurried across the room towards the couch, threw her hand bag on it, and placed the food on the coffee table next to it. Rushing to the wardrobe next, she pulled her clothes out, and ran towards the washroom. But then, it looked like she changed her mind midway, because she turned back and threw the clothes on the couch and then hurried back to the washroom.

"Arre paagal Madrasan , sach mein pagal ho gayi hai kya? " he shouted behind her, only to hear the sound of running water. But a second later, she replied from inside the washroom, "Sab aap ki beti ki wajah se hai"

"Ruhi ne kya kiya?"

She came to the door of the washroom, with her face and neck lathered with soap. "30 mins diya hai aap ki beti ne mujhe ..oh oh 25 mins now ", she corrected herself, as she glanced at the clock and rushed back inside, leaving him as clueless as he was before.

"What do you mean 25 mins ? Kahi jaana hai kya?", he shouted back, but there was no response.

She walked out within no time, drying her face with a towel. "Kahi jaana nahi hai. I need to help her with a class project. Yeh school wale bhi ajeeb hai. Holidays mein bhi project !!" She threw the towel on the couch, shocking him, and then walked to the door and locked it .

"Teri tabiyat toh teekh hai na Madrasan. Geela towel couch pe?", he couldn't help asking.

"Hatao isko abhi, "she ordered, as she came to stand at the foot of the bed, and eyed his laptop menacingly.

He shut the laptop immediately and leaning over, placed it on the bedstand to his left. In the next instant, he felt her soft, warm body snuggling into his right side. He wasted no time in wrapping his arms around her, and leaned back against the headboard of the bed comfortably.