Metaphorically, I'm the Man

Blitzen POV

I was just finishing my daily moisturizing routine when I heard a knock at my door.

I hastily packed away my lotions and went to the door. Hearth stood in the hallway. He was wearing the only outfit I'd ever seen him in; White linen.

"Did you look in the dressers?" I asked, referring to the clothes that had been placed in there.

Hearth nodded. He shouldered off his bag and zipped it open. Apparently he had discarded his other white suit for a set of khakis and flannel.

Hearth shrugged. "You'd look good in flannel," I said, smirking slightly. He narrowed his eyes at me, trying to decide whether or not I was using sarcasm.

"What?" I raised my hands. A faint blush settled on Hearth's cheeks. He jabbed his thumb down the hall, where Miles was jogging towards us.

"Hey dudes! Cinnamon rolls are that way!"

"Just the question I was about to ask," I grumbled.

"Really? I must be telepathic!"

I resisted the urge to chuck a vase at Miles's head. Hearth tugged gently at my sleeve and directed a pointed look at me.

Hearth and I followed Miles down the hall and out to the throne room. The fallen heroes were lounging on couches, chowing down on cinnamon rolls.

"Have a seat!" Miles grinned at us as he swept a hand towards an unoccupied couch. A plate of cinnamon rolls sat innocently on the coffee table, untouched.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm off to charango lessons!" Miles skipped happily out the door of the palace. Hearth thoughtfully examined a cinnamon roll before carefully biting into it.

"You've ever had cinnamon roll?" I asked, picking one off the plate.

Hearth nodded, then pantomimed looking at a watch.

"It's been a while?" I guessed.

Hearth nodded happily and made a sign I had not seen before. He rolled his hand around his ear in a circular motion, the way one might wash a window.

"I don't understand."

Hearth pantomimed checking a watch again, then made the same sign.

"Do they mean the same thing?"

Hearth made a fist and bobbed it up and down. Yes.

"Hey, I'm still learning." I licked the glaze of off the breakfast/dessert. "I'm not horrible."

Yes, you are. Even I understood those signs.

"Oh, I think you can stop insulting me."

Hearth licked sugar from his chin and karate-chopped the air in front of him. N-E-V-E-R.

I was about to retort when a conch horn sounded, and all the people in the room bustled out the door. Hearth frowned in confusion, not being able to hear the horn.