🌖Tangled Web🌖

Kinzlys POV
             "Oh my god Alex, just tell them I'll be in the studio tomorrow!" Luke yelled into his phone. This is his 4th business call today. All his phone does is ring but that's to be expected, he is a rising rockstar. Don't get me wrong, I love what he does and that it makes him happy, I just wish he didn't have to ignore me every time something comes up. Today he's been especially busy with phone calls which means Kinzly doesn't exist. He doesn't acknowledge me at all, just walks right past me. I don't want to sound selfish so I just let it happen, just wish he'd put the phone away and enjoy a few moments of his day with me.

  "Hey babe?" I tried getting his attention just to have him put his hand up and mouth at me to 'wait'. That was the last straw. I'm not a child, but I hate fighting with him, so I'm not going to. Instead I'm just gonna leave for the day, create my own fun.

        I walk to our shared room and throw on an outfit appropriate to go on a hike and head to leave the house.        

        "Baby? Where are you going?" Luke questioned, finally not in a business call.

       "Hike." I answered quickly trying to exit without talking to him anymore.

         "Without me?" Hurt took over his features. Great now I feel bad.

         "Didn't think you'd wanna go with me." I huffed out.

         "Love, of course I would. What's got you so down?" He walked closer to me to comfort me.

          "Your so caught up in all the blinking lights and dial tones, Luke. Every time I tried to speak to you or get your attention you just brushed me off." I whined. I sound like such an entitled brat right now.

          "I'm sorry Kinzly but you know I can't control it, it comes with the job." He really just ignored everything I just said.

          "That has nothing to do with what I was saying Lucas. I know you're busy with work but I would enjoy to get treated like I'm a person with feelings not a house fly that you can just swat away." I roll my eyes and begin to walk away from him. I'm now very irritated with this and need to cool off before this becomes a fight and a half.

          "Kinzly you are being such a hypocrite! You are always on your phone with the agency for work. You can't just say it's me!" He began to raise his voice causing me to turn around and walk back to him.

        "I admit I'm a victim in the work wide system too, but you're my escape, Luke. I like getting disconnected with you, life's a tangled web of cellphone and business calls in our careers, you're my get away!" I say calmly trying to avoid a fight while speaking my mind.

      "I have an idea, let's put the world away for the night. Turn our phones off, and have a night with no electronics, just be here with me."

      "Luke, that sounds amazing." I hum kissing his lips quickly before grabbing my phone out of my bag and turning it off. I look over and see Luke turning his off while unplugging the tv.

        "Happy?" He giggles walking over to me grabbing my waist hugging me.

       "Mhm, now can we go do something?" I laugh pulling him to the door.