Epilogue.

"The bittersweet between my teeth. Trying to find the in-between.

Fall back in love eventually."

---

It was two weeks after Aleks' funeral when Eddie finally musters up the courage to tell the guys and his wife and his and Aleks' affairs, prior to the wedding. There was a pounding within his chest and all that he wanted was to have his best friend back. 

They had an open casket, and he pushes hair away from his lover's lifeless eyes. He strokes his cheek softly and leans on the fact that he provoked him to do this. He was a murderer and a cheat. He wanted to settle on neither so he drops his head low, running fingers through his hair and cries hard until it hurts, and even then he still doesn't stop.

His wife was ready to give birth at any time, and the guys took the news better than she did. Mainly because they didn't like his wife all that much. She carefully tells him to sleep on the couch tonight, and painful memories of Aleks caused him to pack his things and leave for a shitty motel in downtown Colorado.

The day that the baby was born, he rushes to the hospital and urged his wife that it would be okay. They may have begun to hate each-other, though it was still their child, and after almost twelve hours of operation, their baby-girl had been delivered.

What a shame that she didn't inherit Eddie's nose or dazzling smile.

For the first time since Aleks' death, he felt content and joyful, because his daughter was perfect and he loved her just the same.

His wife refused to name the baby Aleksis or Aleksandra. They tossed around baby names for ten minutes before settling on one.

They name her Anabel, because it means 'easy to love' and loving Aleks was the easiest thing that Eddie has ever done.

 ---