Chapter Two: Snowdin

(San's POV)

"It's Christmas today Sans!" my annoying brother said in his usual high pitched voice. I would roll my eyes, if I had any.

"It's ALWAYS Christmas down here, Papyrus." I said, tapping my shoes impatiently while I looked out the window.

"WILL YOU PLEASE STOP THAT ANNOYING SHOE TAPPING?!" he screeched, and I groaned.

"Why, we're Snowed In! In Snowdin!" I said with a wink, and Papyrus groaned.

"Even you're awful puns are better than that shoe tapping!" he exclaimed, and I laughed a low chuckle.

"I'm just kiddin' with ya. I'm waiting for Frisk." I said, dropping a word bomb casually.

"FRISK?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Papyrus shouted, and I laughed.

"I didn't wanna tell ya, but I suppose that's all out the window. Toriel rang me up a coupla hours ago, and told me that Frisk was back down, possibly even for good this time! She's comin to visit us, man!" I said, and Papyrus' eye sockets widened.

"WHAT?! SANS, YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!!!! YOU...YOU IMBECILE!!! I NEED TO GET DRESSED, AND CLEAN THIS PLACE UP!!!! PICK UP YOUR DIRTY SOCKS, WE HAVE A GUEST COMING!!!!!" Papyrus screeched, and ran off into his room.

"What a bonehead." I mumbled, struggling not to chuckle at my own joke. But my grin evaporated quickly. Why did she come back down here? I remembered our conversation before she left to go back home...

"Hey, don't worry, I'll come back to visit!"

"Maybe...but you won't have time for us."

"Don't be silly Sans, I'll be back for sure!"

"..."

"Sans, what's wrong?"

"...I'll just...Never mind..."

"C'mon Sans, you can say anything to me!"

"I know what you're going through."

"Sans...w-what do you mean?"

"I know everything that goes on here, above and under ground. I know what's happening with your parents. I...I'm here for you, Frisk."

"Sans...I don't know what to say."

"..."

"I-I'll miss you..."

"C'mon kid, don't flatter me"

I remember saying that last line. All I really wanted to say was that...I'd miss her too. More than she'd know. But I didn't want her to feel bad for leaving, especially with all that she was going through.

I didn't want to be a burden to her.

"SANS! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! PICK UP YOUR GROSS, DIRTY SOCKS!" Papyrus screeched from behind me, and I turned around. He was holding a sock, and looking at me with an angry expression on his bony face.

"Sorry, bud. I'll do that now." I said, taking a deep breath.

"Well, I didn't expect that to happen so fast. ALL RIGHT THEN, THE HUMAN WILL BE HERE SOON, SO I'LL PREPARE SOME SPAGHETTI!" yelled Papyrus, and I chuckled. My brother may be annoying sometimes, but in a way, he was the best.

It had been hours, and Frisk still hadn't shown up.

"Looks like she isn't comin' today, bud. Let's hit the hay." I said, and Papyrus looked a mix of upset, sad, and angry.

"N-no! We have to be up in case she comes back! SANS! WE MUST Stay...awake..." Papyrus screeched, his voice slowly getting lower until he dozed off into sleep.

"Heh. Papyrus, will you ever learn? Goodnight, buddy." I said softly, sighing and heading off into my own room to go to sleep.

It took me a long time to go to sleep, to clear my mind of thoughts of seeing Frisk again, or maybe not seeing her, as I didn't want to get my hopes up. But eventually, my mind cleared and I fell fast asleep.