Chapter 5, Rumors

The empty hallway only seemed more hollowed as the information sunk into my mind. I could only just begin to imagine the muffled 'thud', as his scarred body slammed onto the molded cobble. I know that he would have never survived the act, yet I still held low hopes in him. Derek was always a great, sarcastic, guy.

Millions of thoughts rushing through my head cut off by the voice of Raian comforting me rather coldly. "You know, (Y/N), you shouldn't be moping around like this all day." I loosely nodded, letting my head droop low, my (H/C) hair swinging overhead. Raian sighed hopelessly, as he stormed away.

Emptiness formed around my small frame, tracing my body from head to toes. I could faintly hear the voices screaming at me to turn around, to go home, to die. Oh, yes, they wanted to feel my blood gushing out of my soulless form. They yearned to lay their evil eyes against my non-beating heart.

I've always told myself to wash the evil away, but something about today, excluding Derek's death, made it difficult. With out notice, I slammed into a wall, marking a rather large dirt mark.
I sighed, I knew my clumsiness would always stick with me.

A faint giggle came from across the corner. "Hehehe, No wonder Derek killed himself! He must of noticed what a klutz (Y/N) is!" The laughter continued, as did my anger. I stomped off nearby the continuous gossip, when my eyes laid on something unexpected.

There was a recording machine taped loosely to the wall. I pondered aloud, "Now who would put this there," my voice became louder in realization, "If this is a prank, it's not funny!" No response.

Shrugging, I tore the recorder down, making sure not to damage the equipment, and trotted away.

I spotted Raian down the hallway, banging his fists against the stone pattern wall. With each hit, the frame shook just a bit, but enough to knock a picture of the fearful principal off, creating a loud 'crash' as it shattered onto the floor. "Raian," I began hopelessly, "Be more careful next time!" His head spun, and he bore his violet eyes into mine.

He shrugged, and strolled casually towards me. "Oops, I guess. Not that anyone would care," I shook my head and slightly punched him in the chest. The sound of laughter soon filled the hallway, as people began to circle around us, making an escape impossible.

Everybody was laughing at someone, me. Even Raian was chuckling darkly. And slowly, everyone's face began morphing into Derek's, creating a gory sight. Raian startled me, by whispering obsessive things into my ear, "You're mine," Was one of the last things I heard, as everything turned white.

~~~~~~~〰〰➰➰➰〰〰~~~~~~~

The sound of a ruler snapping hard against my desk awoke me from my supposed slumber. "I've told you many times, (Y/N), that taking naps in class is forbidden!" Ms. Sniefer lectured mercilessly.

My head pounded, "Yes, I am extremely sorry Ms. Sniefer," I muttered weakly, feeling the effects of exhaustion. I haven't been able to sleep for days since I learned about Derek. "It won't happen again," I regained my strength swiftly.

The teacher nodded lightly, clearly disappointed. She soon continued her lesson on animal habitats and such. My mind was still foggy about Derek, why would he do that? For me?

I swept my frizzy hair back lightly, not paying attention to the pencil plastered to my head. Several people began to laugh as the utensil fell to the floor.