Poffins

This is something all pokefans should know lol. Poffins are roll-like items that were introduced in Generation 4. Their name is a cross between Pokemon and Muffin. They are used to boost a Pokemon's Contest stats: Beauty, Tough, Cool, Smart, or Cute.

This recipe makes 6 Poffins.

What you will need: A large mixing bowl, a sieve, a baking tray and tin/aluminium foil.

Ingredients:

⅓ Cup Milk

1 ½ Tablespoons Butter

2 Tablespoons Sugar

½ Teaspoon Salt

1 ½ Cups Strong White Bread Flour

1 Egg (Beaten)

½ Teaspoon Fast-Action Dried Yeast

Variety of Food Colorings (Optional)

For the Filling:

High Quality Berry Jam/Jelly

Use any variety of berry or berries you like; cherry, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry etc.

To Garnish:

Icing/Confectioners Sugar

Water

Sprinkles

Preparing the Poffins:

In a pot on a low heat warm the milk, butter, sugar and salt together until the butter melts.Pour the liquid into a large bowl, sieve in half the flour and mix well. Sprinkle in the yeast and stir until well combined.Add the remainder of the flour and ¾ of the egg, continue to mix with a spoon until the dough comes together then use your hands to form it into a ball. (At this point you can split the dough up if you'd like to add any colouring. Do this by adding a few drops and following the next step.)On a lightly floured surface tip the dough out and knead for about 10 minutes. This will warm the dough and make it firmer and smoother.Split the dough up into evenly shaped portions, these will become your Poffins. Place them in a large, clean bowl and cover with cling-film/saran-wrap to rise for about 50 minutes, they should double in size.

Filling the Poffins:

Feel free to leave your Poffins plain but if you'd like to add a filling follow these steps;

Take one ball of dough at a time and gently flatten it out a little. Spoon some jam/jelly into the middle.'Pinch' the dough around it, making sure it's completely sealed. Turn it over and gently shape the dough into a Poffin shape, which is similar to a football, and place on a baking tray.Repeat this step for each of the potion of dough and feel free to fill each one with a different berry jam/jelly filling.

Making the Poffins:

Whether or not you've added a filling, leave the prepared Poffins somewhere warm to rest for about 30 minutes.Preheat the oven to 350F. Gently brush them with a little of the remainder of egg on top then place in the oven to bake for around 10-15 minutes. (If your Poffins are colored, you might want to cover them in tin/aluminium foil to stop them from browning after a few minutes).Once cooked remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Make some icing by mixing the icing/confectioners sugar with a little water, this will act as a glue.Dip the sprinkles of your choosing in the prepared icing and carefully stick them to the Poffin for the finishing touch.

Dip the sprinkles of your choosing in the prepared icing and carefully stick them to the Poffin for the finishing touch