Chapter 1

Jackson:

"Mark hurry up! I'm going to be late to work!" I yelled at my roommate, the fact that this was the first time ever he woke up late drives me insane.

I saw him come out of his bedroom rolling his eyes, a fast but soft object thrown at my face as he yells back till he enters the bathroom shutting the door behind him. "Get bent! I'll take a quick shower, but if you leave me I'm murdering you."

I motioned my hands as if they were talking and laughed, I threw Mark's shirt in the laundry basket and made myself a protein shake. I brought the cup to my lips and gulped it all down.

Walking out of the kitchen, I picked up my jacket once I heard the water shut off and plopped on the couch waiting for Mark to get ready. Sometime later, he felt a smack on his head and Mark already next to the front door.

"Let's go loser or we'll both get our asses handed to us by our bosses!" Mark yells and I rolled my eyes, I followed right behind him and locked the door; walking down the stairs of the apartment and down to the parking lot.

Mark unlocks the car with the smart key and we both get in, throwing our stuff at the back and turning on the air conditioning as well with the music. "Let's just hope we both make it." I laughed while changing the music station, "We will chill out old man."

Sometime later..

We finally arrived at our job and clocked in, we both said goodbye to each other and now I was on my own. Work pays good and everyone here is nice but our boss.. something about him is just weird.

I get my work done and unlocked my phone to scroll through Instagram. I looked up korean bbq and I immediately got hungry, looking at all the food made me want to order some but I can't.. I sighed and put my phone away.

Work is normally easy and our boss is off on vacation with his family and it's just been pretty easy right now. Waiting till it hit five o'clock, I grabbed my belongings and waiting for Mark.

Mark ended up throwing the keys at me and I raised my hands up, "Why are you just throwing the keys like it's nothing?" The older male just laughed and motioned with his thumb, seeing a man behind him.

I looked at him surprised and gave him a thumbs up, about time he went out with someone and I finally get to be by myself tonight! I smiled to myself and walked towards the car.

After getting out of the parking lot, I went to go find a ramen shop but to my luck I smelt something burning. I looked over the dashboard and noticed smoke coming from the hood of the car.

I pull off to the road and turned off the car, "This cannot be happening right now! Just right when I wanted ramen!" Hitting the driving wheel, I called a tow truck to help.

Sometime later..

After being dropped off at the auto shop, the guy who went to fix my car told me it'll take a while. I nodded and right before I was going to head out and get something to eat, I bumped into him.

_____

Might've took me a while to figure out what to do with the story, but I believe I got it all down now.

Thank you for reading! 🧟‍♂️