Chapter 1

Pffffff.....I really wanna go to this training camp but I didn't even mention it to my dad plus it's too late the bus leaves in a few hours an I'm not no where close to being prepared. This is so frustrating.
It's mid July and I'm lying here on my bed beating up my self because I really wanted to go to this training camp for directors for a volunteer program I signed up for but I can't cause I failed to inform my dad fearing that he wouldn't let me go.
My name is Nadia Blanc and I'm fifteen. I'm about five feet five, have lightly tanned brown skin, brown eyes and thick, brown black natural hair that reaches a little bellow my shoulders. I live with my dad and  brother Nigel who is two years younger than I am. We live in the north of a small island in the Caribbean named Dominica. My village is large, quiet, beautiful an very clean with flowers planted an well kept on both sides of the street from  entrance to exit of the village. 
I've been here all my life an I love it although it is very boring through out the year, but I don't mind, maybe this is how I developed my quiet personality.
My life wasn't so bad, I loved it. I don't have a wealthy family although we owned a lot of land but this didn't bother us. My dad worked with his brother in an engineering company as a constructor, he worked five days a week and six when they really wanted to get work done and I just completed forth form in high school and I'll be in form five in September, yes my last year in high school. Finally!!!!!!
Now it's summer and I'm spending it as a volunteer in a summer program hosted by the Youth Division. Before the actual program there is a week training for directors of the program at a camp. Me and my friend Tisha were chosen to be director and assistant director of the program so we had to attend the camp. This would be my second camp I ever attended. The first one was Girl Guides camp about a year or two ago.
I looked at my watch, omg........urrrrgg..... Only an hour left before the bus lives an I still don't know if I'm going. "Raise a cup up for all my day ones, two middle fingers for the haters, life's only getting greater, straight out from nothing we go ooo....!!" I sprang up from my thoughts and grabbed my phone.
'

hello?'...
-Hey it's Cora....what's up.. Are you still going to the camp?
'Ahhh.... I'm not sure my dad's not home I wasn't able to ask...'
-Oh OK what's his number let me give him a call....
'OK I'll text it to you.'
-Alright bye
'Bye.'

Yesssss!!!! Thank you God!!! Wohooo!! I jumped with joy then immediately stopped when I realized that I didn't send her my dad's number yet and I haven't gotten an answer from him yet.
After sending Cora the number I started getting anxious so just in case I sat and thought of all what I would need for the camp. Three minutes later my dad called an said that Cora called about the camp an I can go if I wanted to. I was over excited and relieved. I said OK and hung up an quickly began packing my cloths and toiletries. Then Cora called and told me the same and what I needed to pack for the camp.
I did all what was told jumped in the shower, got dressed and headed out. While walking I called Tisha and ask her of her location and if she was ready. She was on her way to the bus stop where we had to meet the bus which was taking us to the camp site so I told her I'd meet her there. Ten minutes later I joined her and a few minutes after me Cora joined us and we sat there chatted and waited for the bus....