chapter one

I thought, "Heaven can't help me now"

I can lie

I can lie about where I came from, about my past

I can lie about who I really am.

But I know no matter how much I lie, no matter how many people believe me...I know I could never change what really happen that night and those other years. Like I said, I could lie about what happened that night, but I know it would not change the fact that it did happen.

I could move to a new town, pretend that I am this ordinary girl, but it doesn't matter how many cities I moved to.

I know I will never be free from him.

"Ella Smith?" I quickly stood up

"Yes?"

"Good morning Ms.Smith. Welcome to Central High school, I'm Principal Wilson"

Principal Wilson was a scrawny blonde with the brightest blue eyes. I can smell her wolf, I knew that there will be more of them in this school. Good thing I only have to stay here one year only until I graduate. I really hope I could make the best out of my senior year, even though I knew I was going to be surrounded by them.

"Thank you, Mrs. Wilson," I said with a polite smile as she led me, to which I assumed was her office.She sat down and I handed her my transcript.

"I see you took Ap classes only for language arts, planning to go into a writing career?"

"Yes, even though I know it's not a stable career...It's always been a dream of mine"

" That's good, you're still holding onto that dream, Ms. Smith"

I just smiled at her.

"Well, this just proves you're an excellent student, my dear. This is your schedule, the school map, your locker number, and key.Hope you have a good first day, sweetie"

"Thank you, Mrs. Wilson"

I quickly grabbed my belongings and made my way to my locker. When I got there, I took that time to look at my schedule.

1st period: free period

2nd period: AP Literature

3rd period: Computer Science

4th period: Spanish

5th period: Physics

6th period: U.S History

Thank God, I had a free period for my 1st class. I decided I was going to head to the library and get my books that I need for my classes. I looked at the map, started to figure out the way towards the library.

I entered the library and the aroma of wolves hit my nose. I stopped for a second, feeling nervous that their wolves will suspect something. I relaxed when I saw that nobody cared who I was and they were just minding their business. I shook my head, I really have to stop being so paranoid. After I got my books, I went back to my locker, to organize myself. When I did, I saw this couple sucking each other faces, a few lockers down. As I got closer, I felt my wolf jumping in excitement. I haven't felt her in almost 3 years, my heart skipped a beat. Could it be that I am getting myself back? It can't be. He broke me into so many pieces it will be impossible to pick them up and be myself again.

I got to my locker and from the corner of my eye, i saw the guy pulled away and something made me look towards him. The moment I made eye contact with him I froze. I felt my wolf jumping up and down.

NO.NO.NO

It can't be

I quickly closed my locker and picked up my bag and started to speed walk the other way. I'm almost in tears.

I just want to run and hide where no one can ever bother me. I then saw the bathroom so I went in there.

I splashed water on my face and looked in the mirror. My green eye contacts were kinda getting uncomfortable. I quickly got my phone out and called the only person who can comfort me.

"Hello, Ella?Are you okay?"

"Yeah mom, it's just that... um..."

"What's wrong?"

"I found my mate, mom"

"Are you going to accept him?"

" He doesn't know I'm his mate, so what he doesn't know, won't kill him. Plus he was making out with some chick when I saw him"

"Well honey, he might feel something towards you."

"I doubt it, mom, I got to, we'll talk later"

"Okay babe, I love you"

With that I hung up, I want to say I love her, but I don't have any reasons as to why I should even say that. Well, other than she gave birth to me.

As I got out I saw my mate in front of me.

"What's your name?"

"Ella. Ella Smith" I said with confidence, but inside I was melting by hearing his voice.

"I'm Noah Taylor"

An alpha. My mate is an alpha. Why is this happening to me? I couldn't even have a normal rank mate. Or a human mate. Just then the bell rang.

"Well I have to go, nice meeting you"

I didn't let say anything else, before starting to walk the other direction. I didn't want him to say anything.

One thing came to mind

Could I really lie?