Prompt 7

"There are at least 17 ways this could have gone better. Literally. Like, I'm counting them right now, you moron."

Prompt seven blurb:

17 ways to improve

"There are at least seventeen way this could have gone better. Literally. Like, I'm counting them right now, you moron."

"Hey! I executed my part of the plan perfectly."

Gwen glared at him skeptically. She put her hands behind her back and watched the cop put her and Cole in handcuffs.

"I literally can not believe you think that you did everything perfectly. You couldn't even avoid the trip wire," Gwen spat as she was shoved into the police cruiser.

The ride was long and boring. You would think that they could transport criminals to jail a little faster than 35 miles per hour. Gwen stared out the window, empty fields passed by on either side. Not so much as a house to interrupt the view.

They arrived at the police station and escorted Gwen and Cole inside.

"We get one phone call, don't we?" Gwen asked from inside their tiny holding cell.

"Ugh Gwen. Really? Come on just wait for them to come with the bail," Cole whined as the officer in charge handed Gwen the phone.

Gwen rolled her eyes and dialed a number. "Hi yes this is a code 756. Seventeen outcomes available. Blame Moron number one."

She handed the phone back to the officer, who looked at her quizzically. Gwen paid no attention and turned to glare at Cole, her ice blue eyes boring a hole into his head. He squirmed under her gaze.

Light engulfed the room and before they couldblink they were back at headquarters. Gwen headed directly for the officefloor, to speak to Davidson. Cole hurried to catch up, rolling his eyes at herannoyance. He'd done all he could, he didn't expect a rookie cop to pull thetrigger on him. He certainly didn't expect the ricochet to kill a nearbypedestrian either. 

Next blurb: Prompt 14.