NANCY DREW IN THE HARBOR

HEY! ENJOY! XOXO

"Brrr-Brrr-Brrr." Oh it's my phone, at 2:00 in the morning?!

"Hello?" I say trying not to sound half asleep.

"Nancy! Nancy! It's Dianne! The Ghost! It, it-"

I sat up in bed a little concerned. I hadn't heard from Dianne for a while but we used to be pretty close. "Whoa, whoa. It's ok, just calm down and say it slowly, it's ok. Now go on."

Dianne took a deep breathe. "Miranda my cousin, she came down to the Harbor for the holidays and last night she wanted to go out with some friends but-and- she's only 15-" she sobbed. "Anyway, I followed them to make sure they got there okay and- they were walking ahead of my car then all of a sudden they started running. Then I heard screams and- I ran but they were taken. Then I heard this horrible laugh. There are so many legends about phantoms and ghosts around here that I didn't know what to believe! I didn't know what else to do. I remembered from high school you always loved a good mystery." She cried.

"Wow, this terrible! Where are you?"

"Locked in my bathroom inside my house, In the Harbor."

"I'll be they're by Monday, but for now sit tight."

"Thanks Nancy."

I dialled Samantha's number. "Brr,Brr.Brr,Brr."

"CALL BACK WHEN THE SUN'S UP!-"

"Sam wait! Don't hang up!"

"O-oh, hey Nance. Sorry about the minor rage there, you of all people know how I'm so not a morning person. Your body clock's seriously out of order."

"You're all good but I've got bad news. Dianne called and she was really upset."

"Oh yeah, what about?"

"Miranda. Something about her being take by a, a Gho-"

"I know you have trouble saying that word Nancy. So she's been taken by a Ghost, Gee's that's awful."

"Well Dianne believes it may have been some sort of phantom or something. Anyway, sorry to wake you but as you can probably tell, we're hot on a Case."

"We are?"

"Yes Sam, pack your bags we're going to the Harbor on Monday."

"But today's Saturday-" Sam groaned.

"Correction, yesterday was Saturday and it'll take us an I tire day to drive to the Harbor." I said cheerfully. (I love correcting people).

"So that means, that I can't sleep through the entire day like I'd planed to?"

"Sorry Sam, I told Dianne we'd be there tomorrow. Meet you at Starbucks by six?"

"Super." Sam said sarcastically.

"Bye!"

-ERP-

There's no way I'm going back to sleep now. Hmmm.....

I know, I'll make a coffee and read the newspaper fora bit.

5:00, ok maybe I should call Andy. Andy is my brother's best friend and my boyfriend. Or though he's cute and he s funny, he's also really immature and sometimes it feels like I'm dating a slightly taller version of my brother. But anyways, time to give him a call.

"Brrr-"

"Up and at it "Andy-roo" here. How may I help you?"

"Hey Andy it's me, your chirpy this morning."

"Just finished an avengers video game, it was so good. But I'm also happy to hear from my girl, what's up?"

"New case." I said holding back excitement

"Oh! Should I be excited or truly sad?" I heard him say before hitting into an apple.

"Well, I don't know how to explain it but something tells me it's going to be an interesting one. You know Dianne? She lives in the Harbor?"

"Oh yeah, I gave her computer new life, oh the cleverness of me." He said sounding pleased.

"Really Andy? It's what? 7.05 and already you're quoting Peter Pan?

"Hey! That guy is my hero."

"What ever you say," I giggled. "Well Dianne thinks that her cousin Miranda's been taken by some sort of ghost. Any way, Sam and I are leaving for the Harbor later today, I don't know what good it'll do but we'll do our best to solve it."

"Don't doubt yourself Nance, you're a great detective."

"Hey, I was wondering when your next appointment?"

"Well, as you know 'Tech & repair' is a real busy business-" we both laughed. "Wednesday."

"Hmm-okay, Could you come with us for a day or two?"

"Nah, this ones on you guys, plus I need to look after 'BLACK BUBBLES'."

"Your little sisters little, black, goldfish?"

"She made me promise to look after him while she's on camp."

"Alright."

"Oh, and yesterday I came across a beautiful restaurant that's just opened up in town, so..."

"Oh Andy, your such a romantic."

"What can I say?"

"Next week Andy, talk later."

"Until then." He said dramaticlly.

"Until then." I giggled.
"ERP!"