Chapter 2

C H A P T E R   T W O

Anika went up to the basin, few steps away from the actual cafe, followed by Shivaay. He was busy gaining his composure. He did not wanted to act like a wimp in front of her, but in his own coolness that can drool thousand of girls over him.

“So sorry Shivaay sir, he didn’t do it deliberately. You can wash your stains here.” She spoke softly. Shivaay hummed in response but suddenly realization took place.

'How did she know that I am Shivaay?' he thought to himself and asked the same to her.

“Ohh! That was easy. My boss told me that there’ll be two people coming for which a corner table has to be set up. He said one will be Mr Desai and the other will be a little. . . .short. Only little!” She completed giggling. She looked up to see that he was glaring at her. She chastised herself mentally and thought, 'Ohh I am at work. What shall I do now? I am suppose to behave myself.'

Shivaay is always touchy about his height. Like him, his brothers also have their own touchy topics.

Nobody should ask Shivaay about his Hair, Omkara about his Shayaris and Artistic capabilities and Rudra about his well toned body. He reminded himself that his brothers will be waiting for him.

He saw Anika and then spoke, “Don’t dare say anything to me from now on. This is your first time so I will forgive you.”

Anika stiffened and thought to herself, “First time! What does he mean? Am I going to meet him again?” She brushed off her thoughts and saw him cleaning the stains. She pointed her finger above his chest indicating an extra mark. He didn’t saw her so she herself went up to him and brushed her hand over the stain with some water casually.

It was her second day at work. She was not perfect in all these things. Her qualifications made his boss accept her.

For Shivaay, it was not usual, it was electrifying, it was magical and a moment which he cannot forget. The mere 20 seconds made him feel content at heart. As if, the whole life he was waiting for a certain damsel, in this case her. He didn't wanted to dwell on the fact that he felt some attraction towards her.

He reminded himself that in business, mind should be in the front seat and heart, it should be in the backward seat.

He looked at for a second more and left from there towards his table. She was surprised.

Following the trail left by him, she walked up to their table and saw the thing or rather the creature she hates the most- her boss. He didn’t had a crooked nose, bulging eyes or a strict face but still she feared him. She feared her job as she has to feed her brother. She was an independent working women. Her boss was as grumpy as someone could be.

He inquired, “Mr oberoi I think you enjoyed your precious time here in Cafe Coffee Day. Hope you didn’t feel any sort of in convenience.” He told, the last line looking at Anika, to be precise glaring at her. The boss knew that his manager could be a troublemaker at times.

Shivaay so wanted to say all that happened but he was stopped by the sight his eyes be held.

Anika was closing her eyes tightly, fingers crossed and at times peeking at him with an eye. How can he say anything looking at her face, which was so innocent. . . .so cute. He gave up.

He told, “No, Mr Chopra, nothing of that sort happened. I enjoyed genuinely. I am glad that I came here.”

Anika opened both her eyes, half flummoxed, half flabbergasted as she was expecting something else and in her mind she had already begun thinking about the new jobs she could apply for. But most of all, she was happy. Truly. 

Her boss ordered ”Miss Anika you may go to see other preparations till I have a word with them.” Anika nodded giving a slight glance to Shivaay. He saw that.

While Shivaay was going to sit in his black Porsche car, from the cafe to go home, he noticed her again, looking at him. She waved at him and said a small, “Thank you” which was barely audible to him from the glass door. He read her lips and ‘smiled’ from inside.

×××

He was about to reach the main door when noises made by the youngest male Oberoi- his brother Rudra interrupted him. He started questioning him and didn't gave Shivaay a chance to speak.

Rudra was expecting some lovely moments of his brother’s with his newly found friend.

Shivaay, extremely exhausted went to his room. Loosening his tie he saw Rudra making an entry towards him. Not again.

Om too joined him shortly. After a long time of their question ceremony, he told everything expect the part where she removed the stains. The part where he felt that some tiny butterflies were having a gala time in his stomach, the thing only Rudra has told him after his girlfriend narrated him a romance novel.

He remembered that day when Rudra had come and told him and Shivaay was taken aback by this piece of knowledge. He had told Rudra that time, that this only happened in movies and novels. In reality how can a living creature be inside you unless you are pregnant to which Rudra had laughed wholeheartedly. Now thinking about it, he wasn't exactly sure. Hell, he even felt those damn butterflies.

'So much for keeping my heart in the backseat.' He scratched his nape.

Rudra spoke, “See Bhaiya I told you see she is such a sweetie! If you love me na. . . .then you should meet her daily, be friends and you never know when you will. . . .”

Shivaay wondered that he also did a great job by saving her but Rudra was taking her side. He spoke warily, "Okay I will think about making her my friend."

The brothers chatted and then went for their personal works.

Om went to attend a call from Gauri, smiling and at times laughing with her ‘s’ and ‘sh’ thing. He sometimes hallucinated Shankar ji with him; such was the effect of her on him. Gauri’s interest in him made him do the same too. He went on and on sharing his day’s event.

Rudra went over to Soumya to discuss about the projects given to them. His luck indeed favoured him as he wanted to be her partner in the assignment. In some corner of his heart he admired her cute looks and could not stand any other boy near her. At school also, he was now a little protective of her. Soumya liked this change and him too.

Shivaay saw his brothers busy from the corner of his eyes. He smiled and wished their life to be beautiful and serene.

Heyaa munchkins. Back again. Hope you liked it. Any kind of queries are welcome. I will be pleased to see your love. Thank you for reading❤