Chapter 1 - The Feeling

*Melda's POV*

"Get up, it's time to go" father stated, who started to gather his things scattered around him. I slowly stood up from where I was sleeping and quickly glanced at the forest that was leading to Mirkwood, which was around a kilometer away from us. It must've looked beautiful when it was more alive. The trees looked like something evil lived between them, like some darkness was slowly starting to take over them. I silently sighed, fixed anything in my appearance that needed fixing and started to pack my possessions.

"Melda, I think we need to talk. In private" I heard my brother's voice from behind me while I was getting my stuff onto my white horse, Ava. "Am I correct by saying it's really important?" I asked, a bit alarmed and turned to him. The only times when he uses the full version of my name is when he's serious. "Yes, now come on" he replied and we moved away from our things and our father, who was almost ready to leave.

Once we were sure we were out of earshot, Baldor, my older sibling, turned to look at me.

"I have a weird feeling about all of this."

He probably noticed the confusion on my face because he continued on.

"I have a weird feeling about coming here. Well, first of all, we were asked to come to Mirkwood but we weren't told why. Second of all, Lord Elrond wanted our mother stay back and come here with him. Third of all, this forest is a darker place than it was the last time I've seen it."

A moment of silence fell after that, while I was trying to process what he said.

"As I come to think of it, it does sound weird. Like, why would Lord Elrond want to come here with our mother?" I asked.

"There must be a reason" replied Baldor "but I don't know it."

Lord Elrond was asked to come to Mirkwood, just like us. When Baldor and I questioned why, he never told us. No one did. We wondered why it was such a big deal that no one told us. When it comes to our mother, she always preferred us to stay together when all of us had to go somewhere.

"Was that all you wanted to tell me?"

"Yes."

"Then I guess we can slowly make our way back?" I suggested and my brother nodded his head. When we got back, our father was ready. Baldor and I made sure we've packed everything, then we got onto our horses and continued our journey to Mirkwood.

I couldn't focus as we made our way towards the trees. My thoughts kept coming back to what could happen in Mirkwood. I was very concerned about this topic. As Baldor said, we had no idea why we were arriving there, so I didn't know what to expect. Plus, I've never seen the kingdom in my life.

"I'm happy I'll finally see Legolas. We haven't seen eachother in ages" Baldor spoke up, breaking my thoughts and the silence.

"I'm sure he is as well, I remember when you two couldn't be separated when you were younger" father commented.

I've heard the name before, but I don't remember when and where.

"Can you blame us? We went through a lot together."

"I totally understand."

That's when it hit me.

"Is he the Prince Legolas that Ave always talked about?" I quizzed. "Yeah" Baldor answered. Ave, my best friend, would quite frequently speak about him and she mentioned a couple of times that he's hot. She met him a few times and she has grown to like him. I guess I'll find that out for myself.

My thoughts focused on Ave and that's when tears threatened to fall down. We were friends for ages and we've spent so much time together. I miss her so much. I regret what life did to her, even though it wasn't my fault what had happened. I decided to fight back the tears and the pain so I wouldn't ruin anyone's day.

After traveling through the trees for around fifteen minutes, we finally reached the end. A small village appeared in front of us. The elves were doing their own things and minding their own business.

"We've finally reached our destination" father gladly said. "Honestly, I thought the journey will take way longer than that if that's the palace we're supposed to go to" I said, pointing to the left at the palace, which was in the north of the village. "I thought so too, but I'm ok with our early arrival. I'll have more time to talk to Legolas." "Let's move, then" father spoke and with that, we moved towards the north of the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey guys!
I hope you like it so far! I know that this chapter is kind of boring but it will get better. I'm unsure when will be the next chapter, but I'll try to update a.s.a.p. Have a nice day/night!

~Beria