twelve

012 |  ❝I think we should name him Peter jr.

🕷🕷🕷

🕷🕷🕷

     "Peter?" Cher said into the receiver of her phone, Cher and Josh had come up with the idea of going to Coney Island considering the last day of Winter Break was upon them. Josh was going with Christian, Dion with Murray and Cher didn't want to be left out. Of course that left Tai without a date but that didn't mean they couldn't find her one. "I was wondering if you would like to go to Coney Island with me tomorrow?"

"I-I would love to but I don't have any money." Peter said shyly.

"Don't worry about, I'm treating Tai and I wouldn't mind treating you as well." Cher said turning on her back as she talked to Peter. "Please, it would mean so much to me if you went."

It was quiet on the other end for a while, Cher waiting for Peter to answer. After a while Peter let out a sigh, "Sure, I'll go." Peter answered causing Cher to do a little cheer dance on her bed. "I'll be at your house early tomorrow."

"Great, I'll see you then." Cher said hanging up the phone. Cher looked down at Peters contact picture, him smiling awkwardly in the picture. Cher thought he looked adorable in the picture though Peter  got embarrassed every time he saw it.

🕷🕷🕷

The next day Peter had come to Cher's house early like he had said. He stepped into the house with his best friend right behind him making Cher frown. Cher thought Peter would have taken the idea as a date but apparently he hadn't considering his best friend, Ned was with him. Cher didn't want to be rude so instead she offered both boys seats and something to drink as Josh was on his way to pick them up.

The three teens were awkwardly quiet for a while, nobody talking just drinking their drinks as they waited for Cher's older brother to arrive. Finally Cher let out a sigh, her golden bracelet bangles jingling as she shook her hand over to get Ned's attention. Cher thought if she wanted Peter, then it would be best to take an interest in what he likes, maybe even try and get along with his friend. "Ned, tell me about yourself." Cher said putting her hand back under chin. "What's that pin on your shirt?"

Ned looked down at the pin as if he had forgotten about it, "Oh, it's a Star Wars pin." Ned said looking up at Cher with a smile.

"Star Wars?" Cher asked in confusion turning to look at Peter before looking back at Ned. "What is that?"

"You don't know what Star Wars is?" Ned said sounding offended at the idea of Cher not knowing what it was. "It's like, only the best movies ever made in the entire history of movie making!" Ned said now getting excited. "I really recommend it, though I think you should watch it with somebody who's seen all the movies in case you have any questions."