eighteen

018 | ❝husband number four.

🕷🕷🕷

🕷🕷🕷

            Cher looked at herself in the mirror as she tried to decide which color lip gloss to wear, a light pink color swatched on her top lip and a darker pink on the bottom lip. Today was the day Peter would be eating dinner with her and her dad, per request of Mr. Milton who now had the fatherly business of talking to his daughter's boyfriend. Mr. Milton had decided they would go out to dinner to The Cheesecake Factory, and to help Peter feel less nervous she had also decided to invite Josh and Christian who agreed to go- mostly because they wouldn't have to pay for the dinner.

Cher's blond hair was curled and pined back away from her face and behind her ears. Her make up was simple, nude and pink colors that went with the dress she was wearing. Finally, Cher decided for the lighter shade of pink and wiped the gloss off her lips to reapply. Once she was ready she grabbed her white faux fur coat and purse walking down the stairs. Mr. Milton had agreed to pick Peter up from his home while Josh and Christian would meet them there.

"Daddy, promise me you won't be to hard on Peter." Cher said as she got into the black Range Rover, Mr. Milton turned to look at her with a raised eyebrow. "Please?" She asked buckling her seatbelt as her dad buckled his own belt and started the car.

"We'll see." Mr. Milton answered.

Cher texted Peter once they were outside his apartment complex, she would have gotten down to say hello to Mrs. Parker, but her father had told her to stay put. Once Peter was walking out the front doors of the building Cher unbuckled her seatbelt and moved out of the car to sit in the back with him.

"Hello Mr. Milton, thank you for inviting me to dinner." Peter said nervously making Cher smile as she took his hand and placed a kiss on his cheek making him blush. Cher thought it was maybe because she had done it in front of her father.

Mr. Milton didn't say anything making Cher roll her eyes, she knew her dad was just trying to make Peter as nervous as possible. "You look gorgeous Cher." Peter complimented making Cher smile.

When they got to The Cheesecake Factory Cher was happy to see that her brother and his boyfriend were already there. Josh pulling his dad into a hug, "Hey Peter, how's it going?" Christian asked patting the boy on the back.

"Good." Peter answered, Christian let out a laugh.

"I understand how you feel, not to long ago I was in the same position." He said before turning to Mr. Milton to greet him as well.

Cher walked up to Peter taking his hand and leaning in to whisper in his ear, "I thought it would help if Christian and Josh were here. They know how to lighten the mood when my dad goes into tough mode." she said leading him into the restaurant along with everybody else.