Honest Truth

(Alisha's Pov)

"Carter, do you want me to hit you? Cause I won't hesitate to if you keep commenting inappropriately." I said pushing him away from me suddenly.

Surprised by the action Carter stumbled backwards, landing in a heap on the ground. I couldn't contain my laughter at his facial expression.

"Oh, my, god." I giggled, "Your face was priceless, I would do anything to see it again.

Carter grumbled under his breath
" Yeah, Yeah laugh it up, why don't you."
I smirked.
"Oh, I will."
"Whatever," Carter said as he pushed himself up from the ground, before dusting himself off.

"Why were you running away from the paparazzi?" I questioned.
Carter ran a hand over his eyes in annoyance.
"They annoy me, I have a double life around them, I can never, just live my life the way I want, it's controlled by others who make up stories about my life, just so they can get paid and live a happy so-called life.'

I furrowed my brows, uncertain of how Carter's comment made sense.
" What do you mean you live a double life?" I questioned.
Carter smiled, but I knew it was fake, it didn't reach his eyes.

"When it's my family and me, I can be myself, I can act and say things that aren't scripted for me, in other words, I can be free. But when I'm modelling, I have people watching me 24/7
Photos are taken by my every move, in my home, where it's supposed to be saved. I have no privacy, I have no proper life."

"Carter you do have a life, it's just not a very good one," I said honestly.
"If you don't like modelling, then why do you do it? You chose this life."

Carters face masked into one of sudden rage.
"I didn't have a fucking choice in what my life was to be, You know nothing!
You act as if you know me, but you don't, no one does."

I stood stunned at Carter's sudden outburst, I hadn't meant to upset him, I thought he chose this life.

"Carter, I'm sorry, I didn't realise you would act this way, I was just assuming things."

Carter folded his arms over his chest.
"Yeah, well you shouldn't just assume these kinds of things, especially when you don't know the person."