{✔}| Son Of Hephaestus:- (7)

{EDITED!} :)

___________________________

  ~Percy~ (Yes, as in PERCY JACKSON)

I woke up to screaming. I shot up, panting to face my girlfriend Annabeth Chase who had tears pouring down her face and her grey eyes filled with sadness and fear. "I saw him die again, Percy. I can't get that scene out of my head! He's evil and he deserved to die! But... but he... I..." Without really completing her sentence, Annabeth burst into tears again.

I sighed and pulled her close to me. Annabeth had watched Octavian (Yes, the dude with the teddy bears) die right in front of her and that scene kept haunting her over and over. We both knew that the words, 'happy' and 'safe' would never describe us because we're demigods.

We're always in danger. ALWAYS.

But as of now, the war against the Earth Mother has ended. Peace has been made with the Romans and the Greeks. How could we not, after their camp got destroyed? Those stupid giants destroyed my dream of spending the rest of my life there with Annabeth.

Thanks to that though, we have more campers here at Camp Half-Blood.

As I held Annabeth close to me, I closed my eyes and was thrown into a flashback.

"Nico, I think you should tell him." Jason suggested, looking at Nico encouragingly. Nico glared at Jason and then looked at me like he wanted to kill me.

"Nico? Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked, being as gentle as possible. I mean sure, Annabeth was practically dying out there and I was here, under a rock taking cover while waiting for the Son of Hades to spill his beans.

No pressure at all.

Nico sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Percy, I-"

"HEY JACKSON! I COULD REALLY USE YOUR HELP HERE!" Leo yelled, pelting another Giant with his flames. I looked at Nico apologetically. Whatever he had to say could wait. I got up and raised Riptide up.

Time for Gaia to go back to sleep.

*

*

"Nico! Are you okay?" Hazel yelled, running to her brother's aid. Nico was lying on the floor, bleeding furiously. Hazel rested his head on her lap, tears streaming down her face. Nico gave her a small smile. The first smile in ages.

"I'm fine, Hazel. We did it. We won." Hazel nodded, now sobbing. "PERCY! LEO! GET OVER HERE!" Leo was the first to come running. I followed Leo. Nico, even when he was bleeding, glared at me.

"Now do you have time to listen to me?" He spat. I nodded weakly. Leo looked surprised, his blood shot eyes widening. He had fallen to his knees crying when Calypso had sacrificed her life for him. It was a horrible scene and she had kissed Leo one last time before she died in his arms.

I doubted he'd ever be the same again.

I looked at Nico and his dark eyes met mine. "For a while, I looked up to you. You were like one of those heroes in Mythomagic, just as brave, just as daring. Then Bianca died. I blamed you, mainly because you'd promised... and you broke it. And mostly because I couldn't blame myself. Then, before I realized it, I started liking you. Yes, Percy Jackson," Nico glared at me, "I had a crush on you. But I guess I can tell you this before I leave."

I was in shock. I just nodded and gulped. "I care for all of you. And I always will." And before anyone could stop him, Nico vanished.

He had shadow-travelled.