Chapter 1

------------

I often wonder why we complain. There are millions of other children and families going through way worse than we are.

Hell.

We can't even say we're going through anything, because at least we have something to go through.

FLASHBACK

"Doctor, She's waking up!"

What the actual fück is going on?

I opened my weary eyes as slowly as possible.

"Hey sweetheart'", the nurse said softly and sadly, her eyes whispering dirty little secrets.

For a moment there, just a moment, I wanted to understand. To be able to say, oh, yes I know that. I know what happened.

"What happened?" I questioned, looking around the blank, white room.

Then the dam came breaking through, shattering every aspect of me, and piercing my every thought as I looked at the scars lining my legs, well, most of my body.

I shouldn't have asked that question. I really wish I hadn't. 

And just like that.

I shouldn't have asked.
DONE

What happened to Auster Beldaire?

That seemed to be the prized question.

In a new town where no one and everyone seems to be in on it but Auster, things are getting pretty twisted. The dude with the denim jacket and muscles seems interesting, because *swoon*. However, can she trust him? Maybe. Her supposed 'family members' seem pretty great. Maybe. But.... what about her parents themselves? What happened to them? What about the necklace around Auster Beldaire's neck? Does that have to do with anything?

Who am I? What is this? Should I even bother with any of this and get on with my somewhat existent life?