Chapter 5: PRerogative

A/N: Just warning you that there is anal 🥖🍑 in this chapter. If that makes you uncomfortable, you are free to skip it. :)

There was no denying the spring in Camila's step when she skipped out of the subway entrance to head to a meeting with Dinah and her publicist. She felt as if she would float up into space. Her head was the clearest it had ever been. There was a soreness in her body that constantly reminded her of the fun she had a few days ago. With Lauren.

While Camila hadn't called her again, hiring the prostitute was definitely Dinah's brightest ideas to date. Camila was also sure that if she slept with any other prostitute, she wouldn't feel this content. It had to be Lauren, and she was delighted that it was. There was something about the escort. From her long, raven hair that dared defy gravity, her haunting emerald eyes, her rippling, sinewy frame, and her cock. Camila shook her head to get rid of her obscene thoughts. She needed to be professional for this meeting.

Camila entered another building made out of steel and glass with quartz floors and people in suits and ties traipsing in and out of the elevators. Along with three men wearing expensive suits and another woman wearing heels that could easily be used as a murder weapon, Camila rode the elevator up to the eighth floor. Down the hall she went, into a small conference room. Inside, Dinah and her publicist, Elle Beasly were speaking in hushed tones.

"...needs a boyfriend, or else they would lose interest!"

Raising a brow, Camila rapped her knuckles against the doorframe before walking in. Dinah had a small frown on her usually-smiling features. Sitting beside her, Camila stared at her publicist. In her late thirties, Elle Beasly was in charge of the public lives of multiple famous actors and actresses, and now took it upon herself to lead Camila's as well. "Hello, Miss Cabello. So glad that you're here now." She shuffled her papers, her lengthy, manicured nails tapping against the desk. "I heard about your... altercation with Mr. Mendes."

"Altercation is a funny word." Camila shook her head and turned to Dinah. How could Elle possibly know? She was sure that Dinah wouldn't betray her trust like that. "But no, we didn't have an altercation. We broke up."

"Yes, yes." Elle waved her hand impatiently while she tucked a lock of her auburn hair behind her ear. "The question is, why? Can't you simply get over the fact that he's gay now and carry on pretending that everything is fine? You're an actress, aren't you? Can't you act?"

Camila clenched her fists and released a slow breath. "No. I can't act regarding my personal life. I would prefer keeping my professional life separate from it. When I'm not being filmed or if I'm not on stage, I don't pretend. I'm only human, and I loathe being lied to. And that's exactly what Shawn did. He lied—cheated on me. It's not that he's gay. I grew up in a gay household. But he cheated on me with another person, on our bed!"

She fumed, glaring at the poised woman that was staring her down. If this was a test of dominance, Camila would win at all costs. Even if it meant purchasing eye drops later. She would dare not back down, and she would not allow this requirement to have a public life direct her entire career.

To Camila's relief, Elle sighed and shook her head in evident disdain. But it was she who looked away first. "Fine. But know this, Camila Cabello. You need a publicity boyfriend. If not Mr. Mendes, what about your co-star? Mr. Clifford or something, was it?"

"No thank you." Camila fumed. She clearly had yet to win the show of who was the actual boss. "I like my co-star well enough. But I don't even want to pretend that I'm dating him. He's not my type." None of them are sexy brunettes with a cock that can make me forget my own name, Camila thought. "I decline to forge a fake relationship for the sake of the media! It's horrible and it's a cycle that's going to have to end. Now."