Chapter one: Selection

Every year creatures of all kinds are separated into groups at the age of two depending on gender, species and traits. You never knew if you were  safe, or if you should be preparing for death. As I lined up next the other females in my group a tiger wearing shiny black armour paced back and forth watching our every move. I tried to stay calm and keep my paws from shaking. "You there, step forward. " A deep voice came from in front of me. I took a step forwards keeping my ears back. "Group F1." The tiger said giving me a scowl. I staggered over to my section and sat down and gulped. I looked over at my sister who was being selected next. I hoped she would be placed in a safe group.

I felt pressure against my body. I was being pushed into a steel crate. I heard the other creatures in my group getting loaded into the same truck as I was in. I looked out a tiny crack to see my sister getting pulled by chains and while also being lead to a black van. I could feel tears start to stream down my snout. Before I knew it I felt the truck start to move. It took a wild jerk which caused my body to slam against the side of the crate. I tried to keep my eyes open but couldn't. I let my body drift off and fall asleep as we went to our next destination.

After a few hours I was awaken by the sound of my crate opening and a few guards shouting. "Wake up you maggot!" One of them said. I didn't think twice before I stepped out and followed the rest of my group into a large building. The building was made of stone and had a barbwire fence surrounding its perimeter, making it  impossible to escape. Once we all got inside of the building, we were surrounded by five guards. A sixth guard stepped out of the shadows in front of us. "Welcome." The voice came from a black and grey female wolf with a purple streak of fur. "Why don't you all make yourself's comfortable? " She waited a few seconds. "Now!" She scowled. We all sat down and listened to her commands. She paced back and forth looking at us as she spoke.

"Now that I have your attention..." She paused and sat in the center. She put a paw over her chest. "My name is Angelina and welcome to area F1." She smiled and started pacing again. "This is your new home now. What does that mean you may ask?" She stopped and sat again. "It means there will be rules that will need be established and followed in order to keep things..... proper." She gave a little chuckle. "If you follow the rules then nothing bad shall come upon you." She turned away and then turned towards us again. "If not..... then there will be consequences.". She made her way towards me. I was scared for my life. What was she going to do to me? I looked down and closed my eyes hoping it will all be over soon. She lifted up my chin. "Why are you hiding such a beautiful face?" She asked giving me a smile. Why couldn't she have just picked one of the other 5 creatures that I was with. "In all my years that I have been on this planet I have never seen anyone as intriguing as you."

The other creatures in my group just sat and watched trying not to say anything that would anger Angelina. "I hope we will get to know each other better as time goes on." She said with a wink. "Guards..... get everyone settled and make sure that this one gets the master suite." Angelina gave me one last smile before going into the darkness again. Everyone went their own ways and got settled.