Chapter 2 - Vengeance

After an emotional morn, and an eventful eve, the daylight had evaporated back into our solar system and the twinkling, beading stars appeared from the murky skyline. Yet another night arched over a tiger toned blaze arising from the mass dust, the distressed mistress had hit an early night, to sleep off her mortifying experiences. It was only a short hour later, Paige and her significant other went to Jane's bedside to sympathise with her, show their sorrow and their empathy, for the grieving mother to comfort while she set through an eternal evening to able her to snooze. The remaining, conscious members of the camp, besides Jay, shared their condolences for the lost youngster, on her journey to the golden gates of heaven. Although scavenging for warmth, each one's self-rose to enter their habitat's, whether it had been a tent, trailer or car.

The sudden awaken, and the exaggerating tension growing, behind the thin layer of fabric walls to my fort. Pulling open the silver zipper, revealed the catastrophe, the reason for the of unsettling. A pool of trickling, dripping, carmine blood dug its way between the dents of the bark on a birch tree. While the sight of his open gullet was uncovered, the knife was saturated in the gore from the man's anatomy. As well as his throat, his body had been shredded like paper, deep cuts, gashes and rips layering on the human's agenda, especially his torso and thigh's. As we came to unveil more of this mystery, witnessing more and more about their recognition we'd learned this isn't any outsider. It was Jay.

The curdling scream filled with phlegm and saliva, brewed and discharged from Sam's widened hole as he noticed the torcher onward from his misty, hazed eyes. He crept to the draining carcass and crouched to the side, to raise his head and clamp sight of Jane. The most obvious contender for his death most seemingly was herself, however, her denial told us she had not any relation to Jay's sudden murder. As a whole, most of the group had pointed their fingers to the already hurting mother, and they furthered their allegations making her a train-wreck, Sasha and Molly simply refused the belief on Jane, they despised the idea of such a fragile, delicate member would commit such an uncivil act, especially seeing the undefensive reaction's within Jay and Jane's scuffle.

"I believe you, Jane!" courageously spoke one's 11 year-old sister, she stepped forward into the circling group and her vision gestured to myself. She blinked, and with a singular glance of Jane, in a ruined wreck, pulling together her peach cardigan with such shivers, it was clear she couldn't have had such might to attack a grunt and swallowing my speech, I murmured to the group.

"I also believe you!" as our eyes met, she flopped her head down to the ground again placing her cold hand's into the pockets of her light layer. The suspense built as we had no recognition of who else had any possibility of wanting vengeance on Jay, everyone had minor issue's but Jane and Jay had a daggering past of unresolved rivalry. It became too much for her, she became distraught and hauled her feet along the pebbles, over onto the grassland. She was in sight from the campsite, but just a minimal figure, she was sat with her head in her knees, while her mind ran wild, thinking about her abandonment, her suffering.

Jane hadn't moved her aching muscles once, she was as stiff as a statue in her posture, curled into a ball, still continuously battling her sanity as she felt she couldn't go on. Saha caught Jane in her eyes, and dusted through the paved land, plowing through the strands of deceased, carob grass. She got closer to the lady and as she rose, reaching the peak of the hill and as she reached the height of which Jane was sat upon, she saw the countless number of roaming flesh feasters, only steps away from the two. Sasha in growing fear alerted Jane, and commanded on movement, she refused and made no attempt at saving herself, she flickered her head to see the fallen, but placed her head droopy into her knees once again.

"I'm not seeing you got out like this, hun!" Sasha yelled, she yanked her arms and grabbed her body from its stance, to put her power into dragging the drained friend, she struggled and fell both down, with the roamers at sight of the top of the range, they were at a disadvantage, however at that fall, Jane gained some consciousness and got up, lending Sasha the hand from their fall. Sasha grabbed it and got on foot, however, Sasha was still unwell, and Jane didn't want to risk such a friend to her own misfortune.

"Get on," Jane said in confidence and gotten Sasha to crawl onto her back, constricting her arms around her neck and lifting her legs to waist height. She picked her strengthening legs high and in seconds, reached the trailer to place Sasha in her seat. The group was soon alerted by the horde, and they packed up to move on, two cars, one trailer, and 7 survivors. The engines were blazed, and the migration began.