Chapter 3 - Division

It had been 2 days since the outburst of intimidating amounts of decomposing bodies had hit Polson. The travels were awfully awkward, with barely any speech, minimal contact between our population. While Molly and myself exchanged stories and read books that had been gathered profusely, on our long travels to Montana. Jane held onto the backpack possessed, within was a nostalgic, crinkled photo, and the bear, Ada desired muchly. The two vans were in control of Paige, and Dylan, and we had stopped at times for toiletry, or for supply purposes. However, Molly, Jane, Sasha and I, were caged in the trailer for a remainder of our time along the road, and we needed somewhere to settle for one day, at least.

It was certain that Paige and her beloved would like an evening together but as they were persistent and controlling we hadn't any way of being free. It was late and Molly was indulged into her books, in taking each word and holding true emotions for her joy of reading. I laid my hand on her curly, brown locks and patted, before leaving the smaller off room and burrowing my lazed self on an uncomfortable couch. Jane stepped from her seat, taking the pack with her to the bedroom, seating on the bed and asking Molly to follow her in counting sheep, to allow the night to float away. 

New day, new challenges, and while releasing my body from its unconscious trance, it appeared that the small, cramped trailer had stopped. The door wide open and the sun blared through, heating the room like a sauna. After what seemed like the best sleep in months, I gradually moved my dozing bones and risen from my grave, scratching my head and being blinded by the overwhelming light floating above us, I was now joined by the lively bunch. 

"Morning Cam" "Morning Goof" "Morning Sweet", the ambush of greetings hit me and resisting the grin from my blurred appearance, as they welcomed me, the fragrance of sizzling sausages over a steel camper's grill. The lightening mood after dramatic days was soothing, seeing the smiles of everyone as we committed time together to share a meal was lifting, showing us all that there was still faith in the disparting crew. I was handed a plate and I feasted into breakfast, we all spoke and agreed on staying-on road for one more day to gain enough distance from Polson. All were gathered and the road side we all ate amongst was cleared of our equipment, and the vehicles were filled. Nothing was really said from that morning, however, the trailer inhabitants were much closer and shared the presence alone together like a small no-biological family. 

Yet another stop, but now we weren't in the wilderness, the two automobiles rounded into a gas station, not strongly sized however was blockaded by many other cars, ensuring a safe zone to remain for some time. We'd all the left our seats and entered the small store inside the station to have awareness there weren't any unwelcomed guests waiting for us. After the raid, we'd had only one opportunity to take any weapons found, we'd took chances on toiletry breaks to clean out abandoned cars, take any packs or stashes lost by the deceased, just anything we could possibly acquire. The findings were handed to our strongest fighters: a small hand gun, a katana, a dagger and a screwdriver. Jane took grasp of the dagger and took a stand for the group, showed her true cunning bravery. 

"Should be good at this, remember Jay" Sam nudging Jane, while he set his vision away from her, Jane's face dropped and her speech was caught in her throat, her face of determination dropped and she rapidly sped to the trailer. Molly looked at him in despair and went hovering after her to the portable domain. Hanging on top of her rigid spine, Jane had hung Ada's pack and a small purse, before she directed away from the group, she walked away in a purple midnight, with no direction or awareness of her surroundings but she didn't care for it, shortly after Molly was dragging a duffel bag, harshly yanking the strap before I jogged to lend her a hand, she looked at me and I pointed in the way Jane left off. Molly ran for her, but she stopped herself at mid road to raise her hand to the variety who stood shallow browed and squinting, I shook hands of friends and went along.

"Please, guys" Sasha's eyes resembled the colour of bubblegum, and she teared seeing myself and Molly walk-away, without apology and thought Sasha limped, the remaining exchanged looks and the expressions were shocked and lowered, Sam had not felt any, however. Dylan put his veiny arm around Paige's waist, and she dropped her hair over her shoulder, looking out into the distance as we all combined and continued our story elsewhere, she murmured with unclear speech. Dylan swooped his head and looked at her peculiarly, then she repeated.

"It was me, I killed Jay," she said openly.