Chapter 4

We entered DADA and sat at our usual tables. Ron and Hermione sat together, and Harry and I sat together. We pulled out our wands, and that exact moment, Umbridge emerged from her office.

"You won't be needing those," she said, gesturing to our wands. We reluctantly put them back on our bags, and turned back to the front. "Now today we will begin chapter 1 of our DADA curriculum," she said in her sickly sweet voice.

"There's nothing in here about using defensive spells," Hermione said.

"Well of course not. You won't be using spells in my class," she said.

"Then how are we supposed to learn how to defend ourselves," I said.

"Who or what do you think is going to hurt students such as yourselves?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe, Lord Voldemort," Harry said. There were gasps and flinches all around the room.

"Let me make this clear. You-know-Who is not back. This is a lie," she said slowly.

"It's not a lie!" Harry and I said, standing up.

"We saw him. We fought him," Harry said.

"Mr. And Ms. Potter sit down," she said irritated.

"So you're telling me Cedric Diggory dropped dead of his own accord," I said.

"Detention Mr. And Ms. Potter! My office, 5 oclock this evening!" She yelled. We both sat down with a huff, and tried to calm down. We didn't pay attention the entire lesson. Then left as quick as we could.

~Time Skip brought to you by Fred's adorableness~

Harry and I approached Umbridge's office, and Harry knocked. We heard a 'come in' and entered.

"Hello. You will be writing lines today," she said and motioned to desks on either side of her desk. I sat down, as did Harry, and we moved to get quills out of our bags.

"You will be using a special quill of mine tonight," she said, and handed us a quill.

"There's no ink," I said.

"You won't need ink," she said. I looked back at Harry, shrugged, and looked at my paper.

"What will we be writing?" Harry asked.

"You will be writing, 'I must not tell lies'," she said.

"How many times?" I asked.

"Let's just say until the message sinks in," she said, and turned back to what she was doing. I started writing, then felt a searing pain in my hand. I looked and the back of my hand had the words 'I must not tell lies' carved into the back of it. They disappeared, and I continued writing. The words kept appearing, and disappearing. I didn't show signs of weakness, I couldn't, and by the looks of it Harry was thinking the same thing. We kept writing until, we couldn't take it anymore.

"You may go," she said, and we quickly exited the room. On the way to the common room we didn't speak a word. Half way there I let a tear slip, and Harry noticed. He stopped in his tracks, and brought me into a hug.

"It's gonna be ok," he said, running my back."We've just gotta bear with it for the rest of this week, and it'll be over," he said. I nodded, and pulled away. I wiped my tears off, and we headed back to the common room. We entered, and I went straight to my dorm.

~Harry's P.O.V.~

"What's with her?" Ron asked.

"It's nothing," I said. We stayed in the common room pretty late, then went to bed.

~Your P.O.V.~

I laid awake in bed, thinking about detention. The words hadn't completely disappeared from my hand. The words were still red. Hermione entered our dorm, and went to sleep pretty quickly. I couldn't sleep, and decided to take a walk. I slipped on my sneakers, and sneaked out of the common room. I walked quietly down the corridor, and cleared my mind. I turned a corner, and my foot got caught on a trip wire. All of a sudden a pair of arms pulled me out of the way. Then a bucket full of slime poured over the spot where I was recently standing. I turned around to see Fred.

"Thanks," I breathed.

"No problem," he said."What are you doing out this late?"

"I couldn't sleep," I said."Where's George?"

"He got detention with Snape, and was extremely tired when he came back to the common room," he explained.

"Oh well who was all this for?" I asked, moving my hand in a circling motion around the area of the prank.

"Filch, and what's that on your hand?" He asked.

"What's what?" I asked, hiding my hand with my sleeve.

"You know what I'm talking about," he said sternly, reaching for my hand. I moved it out of his reach.

"No I don't," I said. He then grasped my hand in his, and I winced at the pain. He moved my sleeve, and his eyes went wide.

"What happened? Did Umbridge do this to you?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm gonna kill her," he said through clenched teeth.

"No Fred please don't do anything," I said."I don't want you getting in trouble."

"But this isn't ok," he said.

"But if you get detention then the same thing will happen to you, and I couldn't handle that," I said, looking into his eyes.

"Fine. How many more detentions do you have with her?" He asked.

"4. It's just the rest of this week," I said.

"The words could permanently be etched into your skin by then!" He whisper-yelled, since we were in the middle of a corridor, in the middle of the night.

"I'll be ok. Just promise me you won't react to this," I said."Harry would find out we're together." He sighed.

"I promise," he said."I just don't want you getting hurt. I love you too much to let you get hurt."

"I love you too," I said. He wrapped his arms around my waist, and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. I was on my tiptoes considering he was much taller than me. I ran my fingers through his soft, red, hair, then he slightly picked me up, and spun me around. I giggled, and pecked his check as he set me down. We started to walk back to the common room hand-in-hand, after cleaning up the mess from the prank, then heard footsteps. We stopped dead in our tracks, and saw a shadow about to turn the corner . . .