Chapter 3

"And how many people with the name Loup Garous have there been in your family?" Liza asked. "Not as many as you'd think. I'm only third." Loup said turning to Liza while nodding his head. And Liza laughed a little. Maybe she could use someone who understood what she was going through.
————————————————————
The sun was starting to set and it was getting dark out. Liza was making a large circle of salt in the middle of the 'home base' room. Since angry spirits couldn't cross it they put all their weapons in the middle of the circle so the spirit or spirits couldn't get to them.

"I guessing you have super speed and hearing, right?" Liza questioned Loup as she stepped into the circle that he was already sitting in.

"Yes I do, being a werewolf and all." He said.

"Good if I scream your name, come find me, if I scream 'Loup run', run like there's no tomorrow and get the hell out of this house." She said hoping that he'll listen to her instructions.

"What about you? If you tell me to run what are you going to do?" He asked actually seeming very concerned for her.

"I'm gonna run like hell too!" She said. "I'm not just going to sacrifice myself." She said with a smirk on her face. "Okay..." she continued "if you need me in a hurry you can summon me." She said.

"How do I do that?" Loup asked.

"Wait I'm not finished! You mind if I use that chain around your neck?" She asked.

"Uhh, I guess so." He said turning around so she could undo it.

"Okay see this charm?" She said while going into her bag and grabbing a little charm that had a creature on it.

"What is that?" Loup said pulling her hand closer to him so he could see it. Weirdly she got a feeling of comfort and belonging when she felt his skin on hers.

"It's a face. Half the face of a witch, half the face of a wolf. I never thought I'd get the chance to use it. I never thought I'd need to use it with a werewolf but here we are." She said throwing her hands in the air to show where they were.

"How does it work?" Loup asked gently lifting it out of her hand.

"It can absorb blood. The blood of a witch and the blood of a werewolf. It connects them. So if you hold in your hands and say my name over and over again it should bring me to you." She said looking into his big blue eyes. A girl could get lost in them. But that girl couldn't be Liza. She needed to focus. "Are you okay with sparring some blood for this?" She asked, she didn't like it but she wasn't sure if she wanted to see him bleed. Even if was just a few drops.

Loup took no time at all to answer. "If it means I can have someone to save my ass when I need it I'm all in!" He yelled and laughed at his own joke and Liza laughed too.

The two teenagers sat across from each other. In between them a medium sized bowl with the charm in it. Liza held up a sewing needle. "Are you ready sleeping beauty?" She asked him. He smiled at her joke and nodded his head. Liza held the needle straight up with sharp side pointed up. Loup pricked the tip of his index finger on the needle and with the other hand, squeezed a couple of drops of blood on the charm. The charm glowed slightly as it absorbed the blood gratefully. The two teens watched this in amazement.

Liza handed the needle to Loup. He held it the same way she did. "Now are you ready sleeping beauty?" He asked copying what she had said.

"You know it." She said and smiled a beautiful smile.

Was that the first genuine smile she had showed him? He liked it when she smiled. She looked beautiful when she smiled.

She then pricked her finger on the needle. Loup winced when she did this. She didn't look pained and he didn't even wince when he pricked his finger but for some reason when she did it, it pained him.

She squeezed some of her blood out on the charm and it glowed again, thankful for blood they had given it, it absorbed the rest of the blood. Liza took the charm out of the bowl and strong it through the chain that she had taken off of Loup earlier. He turned around so she could retie it around his neck she smiled at the site of the beautiful charm she had admired for so long finally being put to use.

"Shall we try it out?" she asked him.

"I guess there's only one way to find out if it works." He replied. She smiled at him and she walked out of the room. A few seconds later Loup wrapped his hand around the charm and said to himself... "Liza Proctor, Liza Proctor, Liza Proctor, Liza Pro..." he was interrupted as someone had launched forward at him taking him down to the ground. He looked up to see Liza on top of him. Her face inches away from his. He smiled at her. She was clearly unimpressed at rolled of him quickly after.

"I guess it works a little too well." Loup said standing up and extending a hand out to Liza to help her up. She rejected his offer and just stood up leaving him a little disappointed.

"Okay, you ready for this?" She asked him while looking out the window. It was finally dark out.

"Readier than I'll ever be." He replied.

"Let's roll." She said and stepped out of the circle of salt. Out of safety.
----------------------------------------------
So hit the star button. Even if you don't like the story. Just think of it as you making that star so happy and turning it from white to Orange. Giving it a beautiful glow!